Drive In Theatre :) Projector Use

Counter suggestion.

Transmit audio over radio, then tune the cars to the frequency.

That would then mean audio can get within the cars without external sound leaching into the neighbourhood.

Like a FM Transmitter, sounds good. Not explored products that do Bluetooth to FM transmitter like thing. But then you need to keep the car turned ON (engines off, power On) bit of strain on the car batteries :wink:

Wasn’t that how some drive-in theaters transmitted audio?

:frowning: I have never been to any drive-in theaters … so cannot comment here

Thank you both - I purchased the MARS II - I was thinking the same with the FM Transmitter - I purchased an inexpensive one $30 from Amazon that got pretty good reviews,

We have a Drive In about 15 minutes away - Yes - They broadcast on FM :slight_smile:

If this goes well, we may start doing this drive in thing on a fairly normal basis…

Now I just need to find an inexpensive screen for my backyard!

Refer to this link, had great ideas on Projector Screens :ok_hand:

thank you @professor
good info… may be someday will try it out here in US :Pray

Great idea, I never been to a Drive in theater too, but would love to go one day.

Every drive in theatre I’ve been too (which happens to be only 2) transmit using FM radio. I was under the impression that’s how all drive-ins did it

1 Like

FM transmission might be the concept used for Drive-In theatre…

but using Flare 2 for Bluetooth paired to Nebula Projector (Mars II) is the best possible experience than a FM any day, with PartyCast for 2 or more speakers . It asks for an initial investment into the Flare 2, but then, you get the great sound too!

If it’s drive in, then it’s far more convenient for everyone to tune in on their car speakers. Then everyone has audio right near them.

I used to go with a buddy of mine who had a super nice speaker system in his truck. It was very nice

This is not a “true” drive in…

it is a drive in experience created using Nebula Mars II, this is my opinion… but if FM suits the needs , then be it :smiley:

Let us know which one did you end up getting

@Jeremy_Berger has already purchased the MARS II and a FM Transmitter… guess he needs a projection screen now

Cool.

So next is to pick the film.

Some new films I enjoyed…

• Ford V Ferrari
  • Knives out
  • Jojo Rabbit
  • Onward (cartoon)
1 Like

Knives Out and Onward were my favs too

These accompany my earliest memories of drive-ins. At the time (20-25 years ago), FM transmission was not an option at theaters in my area.

I haven’t been to any of these drive-in theaters, either. But I am interested in this topic.