Dream PC Setup

What’s your dream gaming office?

MS Surface Studio - 2TB / Intel Core i7
$4,199.00 (w/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 4GB GPU GDDR5)

:-)~~~

1 Like

No gaming monitor?

Not everyone play games that require high response rate, but I do agree that it could be improved. If you can afford a $4k PC, then you can probably afford a $1k gaming laptop on top of the Studio :smile:

1 Like

Why buy a high end pc when you can build it yourself for less than what you would spend otherwise?

3 Likes

THIS!

Building a computer changed my life. It saves you so much money and its economical in the long run.

My dream gaming office would be a self built high spec pc of the time, a large desk with a very comfortable chair and no glare from the windows…

My current pc however I built myself a few years ago now. Could maybe do with a little refresh next year, I’m finding it is struggling a little with me doing more photo and video editing on it these days. I need to decide if I want to get a beefy GPU this time, or go DDR4 and replace the Motherboard/CPU and RAM. Can’t really afford to do both next year!

Processor : Intel i5 4460 3.2GHz
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A
RAM: 2x4GB HyperX Fury CL10
Graphics: Asus 2GB Geforce GTX 750Ti
HDD: Boot Drive = 240GB SanDisk Ultra 2
Storage/backup = 2 x WD 1TB Green - RAID 1
Case: Coolermaster Silencio 652S
PSU: Coolermaster VS 550W Semi-Mod

2 Likes

@Arwen Bada$$ love homebuilt computers. I myself built mine a few years back, even held a world record for over clocking on water at the time…which has since long been demolished, only held it for a few days before someone trumped my overclock.

I also want to build a new rig with DDR4 and dual GPUs. Still debating if I want an AMD system or Intel.

3 Likes

My next will be intel I suspect. My first built pc was AMD (early 2000’s )and it was great, but intel reliability is what I’m after these days.

My other half built himself a new rig last year and went DDR4. It’s simmilar spec to mine, but noticeably quicker.

2 Likes

I’ve built 8 PCs before. Find me a monitor like the Studio PC and I’ll get started on my 9th :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well there is the Dell Canvas and walcom cintiq, but those are best used with additional monitors. The Canvas however is a direct competitor to the studio in that it does all the same thing, sure it has lower resolution but your graphics card won’t have to work as hard at the lower resolution

1 Like

Badass cpu!!!

1 Like

I have a AMD build as well. Want to switch to Intel as well. Intel has the best cpus and is a solid choice

If your AMD processor is a few years old, then I wouldn’t worry about CPUs. Invest in a nice video card if you’re into gaming.

I wanna build a AMD Ryzen system, with tons of ram and all my 10TB hard drives. With 2 maybe 3 GPUs, this way I can game/mine/video edit with it.

1 Like

Make sure your primary drive for OS is an SSD one.

Mining takes a lot of power. Be prepared to see your monthly electrical bill rise.

1 Like

I use to run programs for stanford with my computer at 100% load, I know the power demand. But honestly I don’t even want to mine I just wanna build a beast computer that can handle anything I throw at it

1 Like

Then add liquid cooling too while you’re at it :smiley:

1 Like

I been liquid cooled since my first computer build and I went after the world record for over clocking as mentioned above

2 Likes

the former is limited by your imagination, the latter is limited by technology and affordability. As such you can easily be dissatisfied.

1 Like