Don't upgrade iPhone X to IOS 12 just yet

2 Likes

Any upgrade is dangerous. :sweat:
I will not talk about Apple in general.
But regarding the prices for their products the software should be made perfect. Though I must say there is NEVER a perfect software.
Computer science is not an exact science anymore. :sob:

Plug an pray!!! :joy:

2 Likes

Too late…already on it :grin: been using on my iPad and iPhone 7 for the past week with no noticeable issues but then as @fhassm has mentioned, any update or upgrade carries a risk or possible issue, hence the rolling updates…

Kinda makes sense why 12.1 was released to devs and beta testers the day after 12 was rolled out…

2 Likes

Fortunately all my Apple items are more than old.
Real antiquities!

So they stuck to a certain OS.
No more updates or upgrades possible. :grin:

I just managed to upgrade an old mac laptop to whatever the current OS is, I couldnt before but since I added more ram I was able to update it. Dunno what cha GED but it’s working good so far

As far I remember it is not possible to upgrade from “OS 1” to “OS 4” for example, because OS 4 is not the direct successor of OS 1 .

It works only step by step OS 1 to OS 2 to OS 3 etc.

But you’re lucky, you succeeded adding more ram.

I guess the color issues are primarily affecting the iPhoneX but you would think after 12 betas they would have fixed such a obvious problem. Doesn’t instill much faith in the rest of the OS.

1 Like

I’ve been running iOS 12 on my iPad Mini 2 and iPhone 6s and haven’t had any issues. I usually wait at least a week for an update but this time around, I decided to just take the plunge. So far, so good. Perhaps issues are on newer devices.

The only thing i don’t like about this update is that for every password i have saved for easy log in i have use my finger print

I have been using my secure log in on my Android this way since I got it. I actually prefer to have to use my fingerprint, but I also have it set up for retinal scan as well for when my hand is wet and it doesn’t register my print, I like this because anyone who gets ahold of my phone cannot just sign into my accounts or web pages

I went straight to 12.1 on my old phone but now back to 12 on new phone. No issues at all. Updated all devices in my house too.

Guess I should change the title to Don’t upgrade iPhone X to OS 12 yet as every other model seems to be working just fine with 12.

1 Like

i have x, 12 works fine

1 Like

Glad yours is functioning properly just wanted to give a heads up to those who might upgrade immediately. I usually wait a week or two to see there is any major problems I don’t like to beta test with my $1,000 device.

hmmm I didn’t notice any difference really.