Donate $75 to help three great causes and you'll receive a tech bundle valued at $250 or more

Yes indeed my friend they never end, even in my age.
But these are others. Mainly about health. :wink:

1 Like

Congratulations @Shenoy. I did not win but I am curious to see what you get. It better be worth $75 atleast Nd not some random micro usb cables

2 Likes

completely agree, health is important at every age. Have recently increased telecommuting hours (more remote work), so less walk and less exercise.
have started early morning walks now for 1 hour … been only 4 days … hope to keep it going

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers: no micro usb cables… at least some USB-C cables will work :wink:

1 Like

I am sure $250 worth of usb c cables might not work… haha

1 Like

Awesome! Congratulations :slight_smile: Don’t forget to make us jealous by showing us your goodies. :wink:

2 Likes

I’m excited to see what’s in the box lol

2 Likes

Box will reach on Thursday/Friday this week :wink: … I am tempted as well

3 Likes

Just got an email from Daily Steals, they had 100 more Mystery Boxes available!

Just got mine :confetti_ball:

4 Likes

Awesome!

Couple of friends of mine got the email as well. Many more on this thread may get the emails

I started a month ago… doing the same thing. Aimed for 3 times a week, didn’t always make it.
Took the leap and jogged/walked for the first time in ages yesterday… same distance I usually walk in an hour 3 miles (5km)… but shaved 20 minutes off my time.

I expect to feel it soon

Congrats on being selected. We’re all just as excited as you to see what’ll be in the box

Cheers!

1 Like

Awesome, looking forward to seeing what you get

1 Like

Woohoo! People must not have claimed their boxes, because I just got an email that said I could order one.

2 Likes

great! hope you order one too

Oh you KNOW I ordered that thing right on the spot!

3 Likes

@Shenoy i got an email today as well that I can get a box… looks like people are not ordering after winning… :grinning:

1 Like

conrats @rupinjohar

so far 4 of the community members (including me) have received and ordered… with lot of hype, hope the “mystery items” in the box, lives up to the expectation :rofl:

this is my second week – still going good with my morning walks… hitting all the circles on apple watch :smile:

1 Like

Looks like they goofed up a little on the last 100 boxes, but they at least sent out an honest email explaining what went on. At the end of the day, they raised a lot of money for charity!

Dear friends,

I want to sincerely apologize for the last e-mail you received regarding the Cheapskate Mystery Box. There was missing and confusing language in there, and I’d like to explain what happened (and tell you how the promotion ended up!).

Amazingly, awesomely, over 10,000 people signed up for a chance to purchase 1,000 boxes. However, after the first round of notifications went out, only about 750 boxes were actually purchased. After the second round: about 150.

That left 100 boxes, and we needed to move them quickly owing to an unforeseen time constraint with the t-shirt redemption. Thus, Daily Steals proposed, and I agreed, that we do a final, “first-come-first-served” e-mail blast. Big, big mistake.

For starters, as you probably know by now, that e-mail didn’t include that language. It said, “Congrats, you may now purchase a box!” But even worse, I think, was ditching the lottery system we’d promised to use throughout.

Meanwhile, we also ran into glitches with t-shirt redemption. (Speaking of which, if you successfully purchased a box and have NOT yet received your t-shirt redemption code via e-mail, please contact me immediately at rick.broida@cbsinteractive.com.)

So, yeah, there were bumps in the road. The good news is that you helped us raise over $60,000 for three great charities! And mark my words: We will do this again. It might take another year to set up, but it’ll happen.

And we’ll take everything we learned this time around to try to improve the process next time.

So THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for your support, and thank you as well for your understanding regarding these glitches.

Your Friend in Cheapness,

Rick “The Cheapskate” Broida

1 Like

Oh man… i just got the dreaded apology email as well. Looks like I am not getting anything. :frowning: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like