Does the powercore with USB c charge the new spectre x360?

Hey, I just purchased a new hp spectre x360 with kaby lake and 2 thunderbolt USB c ports. I was just wondering if the Anker powercore with USB c (20,100 mAh) will charge the new spectre x360?

Thanks in advance

I also have the same situation. The HP SPECTRE X360 with type C and THUNDERBOLT does not receive any power with the POWERCORE + WITH TYPE C. Ironically, the laptop provides power for it instead of receiving.

You have turn on the power bank first then plug it into the computer and it will charge the computer

Hi,

@Jack_Matthias, have you successfully charged the HP spectre x360 with the powercore+ battery?
I’ll wait your feedback to buy one :slight_smile:
Thanks,

I charge my 2016 MacBook Pro which is USB c

Yeah, but this HP USB C connector seems to be specific for power.
It might not work for charging the HP but the HP might be able to charge the PowerCore+.
This is why I’m asking a confirmation, don’t want to buy it if it doesn’t do the job :frowning:

Hi Guys,

No one have been able to try the powercore+ with the new HP spectre?
I’m not sure this might be a good buy if it’s not working as expected…

Thanks

So if I understand correctly you already bought the HP and ask about buying the Poercore+ USBC?

Is there a default lower power input to the HP of USB2 2A 5V? If so then focus on that. That is what I do. Use recharging defensively as in plug in Powrcore as soon as you can like when not moving, to slow the drain of HP internal battery. You’re likely to find that is sufficient to extend device battery life. 2A is better than nothing.

Hi,

Yes, I already have the HP Spectre and was looking for a nomad way to charge it, this is why I’m looking at the powercore+

Not really sure what you mean by a default lower power input.
The thing is I’m not sure HP allow external charge beside their own power supply.
People are saying the old model doesn’t allow power supply other than HP so no way an external battery will do the job.
It seems to be different with the new one, but not sure.

I guess I’ll have to give it a try and tell you guys if that’s OK or not.

I read it will slow charge. So was is it’s lower level? Defensive charging works well.

Thanks.
I’ve just bought one, I’ll let you know if it works once I got it :wink:

Guys,

I’m half way to happiness…
This is charging the HP but only when this one is in standby mode or power off.
When it’s power on, the HP indicates it will charge slowly but actually, it’s not, battery life is just decreasing much slower.
It will extend battery life but not charge it.
But this is very practical if you travel from point A to B and want to charge a little your computer on your way :wink:

Hope this help

mg1,1) When the 13" kaby lake x360 is power off or standby and its battery is near empty, how long does it take to charge from the Powercore+? 2) How many charges from a fully-charged Powercore+ (e.g., 1.5)? 3) What do you use to charge the Powercore+ and how long does it take to charge? 4) Have you learned anything more since your last post (Jan 30 17)?W

Jack_Matthias how well does it charge a mac book pro?

The PowerCore+ 20100 will either not charge or charge the MPB extremely slow. However, Anker’s PowerCore+ 26800 with PD will charge it. Even so, it won’t be as fast as the charger that came with your MacBook, but quite a bit faster than the 20100, that’s if it even charges it at all.

They should step up their game then to have all USB-C laptops able to be charged using a battery bank

Anker’s past has proven that they are slow atadipting and maximizing the potential of new technologies…

Is that also why they are on average more reliable?

More reliable and generally higher quality when compared to competitors. There are few if any capable USB-C PD power banks out there (around 30W max). I think we’ve reached the point where the traditional 18650 cells with high capacity are approaching their limits, hence the switch to LiPo batteries that operate at a higher voltage and give a slightly better capacity. Sooner or later we probably have to trade off portability, capacity, etc., in order to reach the theoretical 100W limit of USB-C Power Delivery