Does Anker make desktop or wall chargers with three prong plugs?

Hello,

Iā€™d like to get an Anker desktop and wall charger, but I live in Asia. Does Anker make charges with three prong plugs like this or two prong plugs like this?

Hi @alvinsoon and welcome to the community. Anker does a number of wall chargerā€™s in the three and two pin socket standards. For example;

1 Like

@alvinsoon Welcome! Yes, you can get our wall charger on Amazon, but where are you live now? I have to check that if our delivery is available to your place.:grin:

1 Like

welcome to the community!

1 Like

Thank you! I hadnā€™t seen that on Amazon.

I live in Singapore. Do you know if there are Anker products on sale in physical or online stores here?

What about this desktop charger though? Thereā€™s no indication what kind of power plug it uses. Does it come in a three-prong version?

Ahhhā€¦

So, the ā€œdesktop chargerā€ types which is Powerport5,6,10 use a generic port facing mains and come locally with a cord to fit the local port type. You can buy a generic power cord to your local plug type, or a plug adapter.

A generic laptop power cord will fit the Anker ā€œdesktop chargerā€ type. I do that often as I move between continents.

However it is more important to understand that the local plug adapter ontop of the USA plug is actually no bigger. I often move between the UK and USA and it is easier to use Anker USA products and and use a UK-USA socket adapter.

The advantage of the UK plug is its friction, its resilience to being pulled, it tends to stay in the plug more.

1 Like

@alvinsoon

Yes, this charger in the link(https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VTI8K9K/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_c_x_6_w) is in UK three-prong plug, and if you want to use the desktop charger in Singapore, simply get a Singapore C7 power cord to work with the desktop charger.

1 Like

Thanks, unfortunately it looks like none of the options on Amazon ship to Singapore :frowning:

AnkerDirect?

http://www.ebay.com/usr/ankerdirect?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

This becomes more of a challenge for you to know what cord it comes with, because with Amazon if you bought in UK it would be a UK plug, on AnkerDirect, Iā€™m not so sure what it would ship with but my guess is its determined by the shipping-from country, but worse case you can buy a different cord or local plug adapter.

Any cord C7/C8 of length for your needs

You see 3 diagrams above. The left is the shape of the socket/plug, the middle is what the C7 end of the cord looks like and the right image is the shape of the C8 socket on rear of say a Powerport5.

All that Anker does in UK is ship a C7 cord with a UK plug, in USA with C7 cord a USA plug.

Because of this standard, a lot of companies, like Anker can make one product (say Powerport5) with a C8 socket and just in the local country add the local C7 cord for the country so no special product tooling.

I see! Thanks for the detailed explanation, I wouldnā€™t have figured it out on my own. eBay does ship directly to Singapore so thatā€™s where Iā€™ll probably order it from ā€“ thanks!

Update: I may have spoken too soon! Turns out not everything ships to Singapore. I may just order from Amazon and use a forwarding service instead.

1 Like

When you receive the product, welcome to update again!!!:yum: