Do you think Battery cases are worthwhile?

Agreed, powerbanks recharge phones, flashlights, buds, tablets, and with USB-PD coming also laptops.

I think in the last >20 years of phone ownership I did a battery case once, never did it again as it made the phone too heavy in pocket, better to attach a Powercore when needed, and with Anker making many types of Powercore you can go for fast or cheap recharging.

Warning: if you put a heavy external battery as a case then you make the total energy of impact higher when that heavier package falls to the ground. If you have light non-battery case it protects the phone.

I have to disagree. I have Ankerā€™s battery case for my iPhone and I use it more often than any power bank for charging my phone. It is slim and doesnā€™t add the extra bulk/bulge in the pocket like a PowerCore.

Iā€™m with @joshuad11 I like using the case as well, no added bulk and it helps keep things tidy when Iā€™m done charging. Just fold the cable and fit it it side the pouch/bag and off I go

1 Like

It is is good to have the options.

When I am only-phone, I use a different phone, I use a Moto G4 Play with a removable battery and swap the battery. It is in total the lowest cost lowest weight and if I drop the phone it survives. I am usually not only-phone and then have a bag and thenā€¦ Powerline, Powercore, Powerport, Fusionā€¦

My current closest Anker product to a case is the Slim 5000 for when I need to recharge the phone while in pocket. So I get what you mean. But I use it rarely.

1 Like