Difference between Soundcore Life Q20 and Soundcore Life 2?

The only major difference I can see is that the noise cancellation on the q20 is better, yet the q20 is about half the price. They look almost identical, granted the Life 2 look like they might be slightly more padded at the head.

What am I missing here? Why are the Life 2 so pricey in comparison? Has anyone done a side by side review of the two?

2 Likes

Hi @Bryden_Arndt, Life 2 is more expensive largely because of the included hard carry case.

2 Likes

I don’t have any experience of the Life 2 but have the Q20.
Here’s my thoughts if you’re after a real world review.

1 Like

The price still doesn’t add up for me. I’m not complaining but the Q20 is on sale more frequently and it’s already priced at about half the price of the Life 2, and q20 has better ANC. I just don’t understand how the case could possibly be worth having all of those shortcomings plus also be ~60CAD more expensive.

1 Like

Yeah, something is definitely wrong then. In the US, Life Q20 is still $5 more than Life 2…

1 Like

You can check my review HERE I did compare the two headphones. And while I did not like the Q20 and preferred the Life 2 , many others have and it worked for them. Sound is subjective so your mileage may vary.

1 Like

Oh that’s really interesting. In Canada the q20 is about $78 when it’s not on sale but there’s a 12.00 coupon almost always, and it regularly goes as low as $59.99. The Life 2 is rarely on sale, usually priced at $109.99 so maybe I overestimated on the $60 difference, but not by much. On Amazon.

1 Like

@Tank I’m curious about one thing in your review. You mentioned that the ANC can’t be turned on without the headphones on, whereas you can do this with the Life 2. What does this mean? Do you mean to say that I can only use the ANC on the Q20 if I’m listening to music?

I just bought the Q20’s (they’ll take a while to arrive still) but I was mainly going to use them for work - to get rid of the white noise machine they have in my office and to hopefully soften some of the surrounding chatter.

Correct, you can only use the ANC when the power is turned on on the Q20.

It makes sense the headphones would need to be “on” because it uses electricity. But does it only work when listening to music or can you use it on its own? I’ll be using these mostly not while listening to music. Mostly just for the ANC on its own. Thanks for sharing the review btw it was helpful. I’m not an audiophile so I doubt any shortcomings in audio quality will bother me all that much.

You can definitely use ANC without playing anything!

2 Likes

Oh good, they would be nearly useless for me otherwise. Thanks for clearing that up.

1 Like

Another difference is the name of both items

:rofl: why does that seem to be the main difference between most Anker products?

1 Like

Don’t get me started on the wireless chargers lol

1 Like