Difference between Power IQ and Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0

Can someone give me the specifics between these? I have a phone that has the Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 capability, will a Power IQ charger work on it? And will a Apple I Pod charge correctly on a Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 charger?

4 Likes

The main difference is the voltage. Normally, USB ports use 5V and can provide up to 2.4 amps of power. Quick Charge ports can use a higher voltage to deliver a faster charge to compatible devices. Most Quick Charge ports are backwards compatible, so they will supply the 5V needed for non-Quick Charge devices (and will therefore charge at normal speeds). Older Apple iPods are tricky as some can only be charged by the original charger. But, in general, you can charge non-Quick Charge devices at regular speed on a Quick Charge port.

5 Likes

If you could only pick between a Quick Charge charger and a PowerIQ one, I’d suggest the QC3.0 one so that you can have the best of both worlds.

It will be fastest for your QC device, and fastest for any other device also for the most part (not QC speeds, but still fastest safe speed)

On the other hand, if you had a PowerIQ charger, most things will charge at optimum speeds, but you wont be able to get QC speeds on your QC device

3 Likes

Hey thanks for you input. So you are saying the QC 3 can do both well, but the Power IQ won’t take advantage of the QC 3 capability of my phone. OK, thanks.

1 Like

QC 3 is backwards compatible and yes it will work with Anker’s Fast Charge.

1 Like

Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 is a fast charge technology that designed for specific devices with Qualcomm chip. Power IQ is a Anker general solution for a variety of devices.

Will a PowerIQ charger work on QC3 devices: Yes, the phone could be charged but not as fast as the QC3- compatible charger. You need to use a QC3 compatible charger to take advantage of the fast charge. Recently Anker released PowerIQ 2.0, that one works with QC devices.

Many chargers with QC3 are also designed to work with other devices, so they will likely work well with Apple devices. (QC3 technology, however is for devices with QC3 chip)

Or better yet, a PowerIQ 2.0 charger :heart_eyes:, as @NTran mentioned!

PowerCore II Slim 10000
PowerCore II 10000
PowerCore II 20000

Those devices support PowerIQ 2.0.

For what it’s worth, I have noticed almost identical charging times with QC 3.0 and IQ 2.0. When buying tech from Anker, I always go for IQ over QC because it will be useful for many more devices than just my phone.