Dead Battery

I’ve had a SoundCore Sport XL Model A3181 for several years. This week the unit wouldn’t charge. I used several different cords to charge and different outlets. The three white lights started blinking with a steady blue light. It finally died. Do these have a limited life expectancy?

Several years for a battery based product is actually pretty good, battery’s do after all degrade over time due to charging cycles (and other external factors)… Your best bet is to either use with a constant power source or upgrade to a newer model…

2 Likes

Several years? Pretty sure this product was released to the market less than 24 months ago…

If you bought it within a few months of release, though, it could very well be out of warranty.

1 Like

Several years can be used as an off the cuff remark for longer than one year…the Sport XL is a 2016 product so possibly borderline for whether it is in or out of warranty depending on purchase date…

2 Likes

It’s all about maintaining the battery dont fully charge before long term storage. Fully drain and recharge every other month and store in a cool place. Still makes a great desk speaker. When you replace it I would go with the Spundcore flare+ coming in August.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear your issue. Your product may be out of warranty.
Recently, we have launched some more good speakers, you can have a look on this page
There are lots of good reviews in the community regarding to these new speakers. Hope it can help you.:innocent:

2 Likes

Flare looks amazing. Really hope it comes here fast so I can buy it though I bought boost just a while ago.

3 Likes

Sounds like a good excuse for an upgrade if you are out of warranty :+1:t2:

1 Like

The Boost has deeper punchy bass compared to the Flare it will be interesting to see how the Flare+ compares to the Boost.

3 Likes

I like boost so far but I have to send it back since it makes some weird noises when on high volume. Never can get to it since I use it a lot and don’t want to be without it for weeks…
I really love flare’s design. Looks much better than a lot of speakers out there. Even 360 ones. If that flare+ will have boost bass and price near it I’m bought.

3 Likes

The flare 60$ and flare+ 100$ both have bass up

2 Likes

I’m sure they are good speakers, but has battery life been improved?

July 2016. I would think the battery would last longer.

My sport XL just had the same problem and I will no longer charge even though I maintained the battery & the battery has way less than 500 charge cycles probably 250-300 tops. purchased in late August 2016. Guess I have a fancy paper weight now… I’m around 3 months out of warranty but will try to get a replacement bc this seems to be a problem with that batch. @matt95 had identical problems with his purchased 1 month earlier. I’ll let you all know what Anker does.

Edit: after thinking about it I actually charged the battery from 20%-30% to 100% about once every week sometimes more sometimes less. So the number of charge cycles would actually be around 100 not 250-300.

Battery can not be charged is may not a problem with the battery itself, It may be other circuit boards or other electronic components problems.

In general, our speakers can be charged and discharged about 300 times. If you charge once a week, you can use it for at least 3 years.:innocent:

I bought my A3143 in September 2015 and it is still working fine.
The battery still is “strong”. I charge it, may be 3 times a week since purchasing date.
That was my first ANKER product and this is not only the reason I like “our” company regarding the real high quality of the products and the incredible customer friendly service.:heart_eyes:

1 Like