Daily limit on Points earned per day

I saw many threads on Level ‘x’ parties or Whose on 1st (lvl), whats on 2nd (lvl) and i don’t know is on 3rd(lvl) but haven’t come across anything on points accumulation. As i am still trying to understand all the rules and how things work around here, i would default to my peers to helping me establish my presence in the community.

Based on the Earn Powerbucks charts- it breaks down the methods one could accumulate points; however, adding all the possibly methods together, one would cap out 195 per day. My question is whether its possible to exceed the daily threshold of 195? For those that disagrees, I noticed my points had increase well over 200 points in 1 day span and grew alarmed.

Visit Community = 10
Refer a friend= 50
Create a thread w/admin= 20
Start a thread= 20
Post a reply= 50
Get replied to= 25
Like Someone’s Post= 10
Get a like= 10
Total= 195

2 Likes

Powerbucks and Experience points are different things. You have a limit on powerbucks, but maybe not on points. Points determine the level you are in the community, bucks are there to spend on powerdraws.

2 Likes

The table in the “Earn PowerBucks” tab under “How to Win” in the Power Draw section lists the point and PowerBuck values of each action in the community, as well as the daily restriction. I have not tried testing it yet, but I would imagine that the restriction applies to both (although it might not apply to points). The restrictions definitely apply for PowerBucks though.

1 Like

As far as I am aware you cannot exceed the daily restrictions on points/bucks…perhaps you were close to the daily reset time when you thought you had broke past the 200 mark…

6 Likes

I agree with @ndalby you may have been close to the daily reset when you saw yourself go over the daily limit. When I first started here I saw my limit was hit rather quick and that was that for the day, but please do not let the daily limit prevent you from engaging and posting to help others.

1 Like

In the two weeks or so that I’ve been active here, I’ve found that if I just participate as much as I see fit, I often end up coming close to the daily limit for points/bucks from comments and likes, so I just participate for the sake of participating and let the points and bucks accumulate however they will.

4 Likes

That’s really the best way to go about it, let the points accrue as it will and just focus on engaging and being helpful

2 Likes

Points and bucks are not the same. It already says in settings section how to earn alot of each

1 Like

Sam, first and foremost congrats on winning the valentine’s day story. My time zone is pacific time, not sure which time zone the refresh occurs on.

1 Like

As long as you are engaging, the point will roll in. We are a happy bunch. Well most of us :grin:

1 Like

If you keep like that you will get a lot o points doing daily

Wow that is awesome! Not sure how it works. Great looking through the comments to see what people experienced.

Here are the amounts you can earn, the frequency so lots of points and bucks available everyday but they are limited.

Just take part in discussions and let the accumulation of points be a side note. Not the main feature of being here.

1 Like

@Oggyboy If memory severs me right, i read that you are over level 13? How i see it, im playing catch up with the rest of the crew here. but i agree, since this is a closed community, all the contributions will be recognized sooner or later.

1 Like

No, I’m not. I just chat with the guys on there and congratulate the high flyers. I’m approaching Level 9.

1 Like

More points = level faster = more bucks from level up! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s how I do it. I check the forums a couple times a day and like/reply as needed.

1 Like

Same. More or less I’m just trying to be active.

2 Likes

But you have to think about how much time he invested. It will take you time to get on high levels. But how the others mentioned just wait and with the time you will climb.

1 Like

So how much time does people devote to this forum a day ?