Create Your Own Video and Win $2,000!

Anker is always suprsing us and this is the bigest giveaway I’v ever seen held by anker and glad to be a part of it here is my video.

iPhone just died

What do you guys think? Had fun filming this thanks Anker for such a fun contest!

My link to vote: https://goo.gl/8wbtzf

2 Likes

Tell me what Yall think!

3 Likes

Love it! You got my vote today. Nice work editing - I really liked the date appearing in the picture frame. That was clever!:laughing:

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a lost cause at this point. The top vote-getters are raking in about 50-100 per day. I did the biggest social media blitz I could and only got up to about 60. Anker is pretty good about moderating these contests though. I wouldn’t be surprised if the ten prize winners weren’t just the top-ten vote getters, but some other people subjectively chosen by the Anker team.

3 Likes

THANK YOU SO MUCH! It was really last minute so i had to think of something :slight_smile:

1 Like

My worst moment of running out of battery power occurred several years ago. I had been knocked unconscious and kidnapped. When I awoke, I found myself handcuffed to a radiator. The key for the handcuff had been placed out of my reach on the floor in the middle of the room. There was also a handkerchief with a one inch thick stick next to the key. I assume the last two items were there so I could use them as a tourniquet, since… next to me, I found a battery powered reciprocating saw. After sitting there in bewilderment for several minutes, a voice came over a sound system… I’m not sure from where because I couldn’t see any speakers in the room. I won’t bore you with those details but, suffice to say, the person on the other end, who had a distinctive lisp and identified himself as a “Sicilian” (even though he had an American accent, without a trace of European) was very persuasive. He told me that, if I didn’t make the decision to hack off my own hand pretty soon… “death was on the line”. I had no idea what that would entail but I got the impression that it was a bad idea to attempt to find out. I was obviously dealing with a very dangerous character.

So, taking the reciprocating saw in hand and steeling my nerve, I began the gruesome work of detaching my left hand. The pain was indescribable… to be honest, I don’t know how I kept myself from passing out. Then, with half the job left to go… the saw suddenly began slowing. I thought, “Perhaps it’s getting stuck” and tried to reposition it but… it was the battery. Someone (possibly the “Sicilian’s” henchman, or henchmen?) had forgotten to recharge it. However, I never found out the answer to that question because, when I tried calling out to the Sicilian to discover whether he had another battery or possibly an outlet where I could plug in the tool directly, I was met only with silence. I never heard from the Sicilian ever again. Several hours later, the police broke in and I was rescued. I had managed to staunch the bleeding with my own t-shirt until then. With reconstructive surgery, they were able to save my hand (I only have partial paralysis in my pinky and ring finger). The police never were able to find out what had caused the Sicilian to leave so suddenly. In fact, their theory is that he may have left even before I discovered the battery problem. They were only able to find a single clue… a note with the word: “Buttercup”. The police, nor I have any idea what it could mean.

1 Like

I believe a lot of us have watched saw!

3 Likes

Why not just hack off your foot and he would have thought you were crazy and immediately released you or hired you? :imp:

2 Likes

Dumb, you can just cut off your thumb, it makes the hand as small as your wrist and you have 4 fingers left which is more useful than no fingers.

The other thing which can work is if you smash your wrist bone and wiggle all the fingers out, it can be later set and nearly as good as new.

Cutting off a hand is over-kill.

Also, the tendons are far more complex around the wrist than further up. It would be easier to re-attach say if you cut just above the elbow because there are far fewer tendons to re-attach at the upper arm than there are between the hand and the lower arm, as there are 34 muscles in the hand vs 4 in the upper arm.

4 Likes

maybe i need more votes:cow:

1 Like

Yes you can!!! Join the event ASAP!:grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for participated in this campaign! Good luck my friend!:grin:

2 Likes

I really enjoy to watch! Professional editing skill hahahaha…!:smile:

1 Like

Yes usually I’d keep my hopes up in such competitions but being able to visibly see the oppositions rankings it’s clear there’s little hope to be had. There’s more air down here at the bottom of vote mountain anyway haha :smile:

2 Likes

Couldn’t you have gone through the radiator inlet pipe then prepared to arm yourself with the saw?! Haha

1 Like

It’s crazy. I’m not gonna point fingers but if someone’s vote count stays the same for hours on end and then goes up by 100 votes in an hour, something fishy is going on. People need to get their votes organically and honestly. Hope Anker is monitoring closely.

2 Likes

There are two risks a writer faces… making the joke so obvious that no one appreciates it, or so subtle that no one gets it. But, you still have to choose a direction. I felt that, with a joke like this, obvious was the way to go. And yet… Perhaps it’s the source material… I made the assumption that everyone had seen it (but it is a movie from 1987).

1 Like

For anyone that is still confused on how to enter, here’s a tutorial Anker just uploaded to their YouTube channel

2 Likes

@AnkerOfficial Are you guys monitoring this contest closely and checking for bots or cheating? Please check it out. There’s at least a few in the top 10 that are rising in votes at higher rates than videos I’d say are better. Like 100 votes in an hour and then stop completely. I doubt they have over a 100 friends voting in an hour so I’d say bots or a ton of fake accounts they made. And some of these have considerably low views compared to their increasing vote count. Not fair to those videos that are actually really good and getting votes organically and honestly. Thanks for your time and putting on the competition!

3 Likes

Can you message me that which videos you think contain fake vote? We will monitor the issue and check it.:innocent:

5 Likes