Create Your Own Video and Win $2,000!

@jonnydorman156, an account can only vote once a day!:grin: You got 7 votes on the page, by the way I really like your cute pugs!!

2 Likes

Too shame that I can only vote once every day.
I think there are just so many fantastic videos.
I would really love to vote for at least a few of them. :sweat:

3 Likes

Check it out.

2 Likes

Such a intense contest. Hopefully ill last the next 14 days

1 Like

This is why those who had a video already or made one earlier is inherently going to be voted for more.

Hence votes are not a function of quality, but of time, or in other words - luck.

2 Likes

What I’m seeing is really new uploads getting ridiculously high votes. I’d say it’s more a case of who you know and how many you know which is helping voting.

I was thinking earlier I could have made an
amazing professional TV quality ad (well I couldn’t in reality!) and I’d still not get super high votes because I believe people have a personal voters who are either buddies or family so the more you know the better advantage you have. I think very few voters are unknown to the video owner. Again, just my thoughts. I think it’s a bit of an unfair way of winning and would have preferred a non vote system and anker themselves choose 10.

3 Likes

But then it is a different type of unfair. You’d then be saying in your opinion one video was better than what the “judge” said.

It is a lottery no matter what.

Put yourself in Anker’s shoes:

• if they give a wide window of time, then those who submitted first get proportionally more votes than those last. So those who took time, say, to make the absolute best video of them all, and submitted last, would say it was unfair they had the best video but a worse one won through being rushed in lower quality earlier. So someone will say unfair.
  • if they give a short window of time, those who had a video ready can win, those who need some time have no chance. So someone will say unfair.
  • if they allow unlimited votes then a few people skew the result, so someone says unfair
  • if you allow a vote a day, then the above time-based unfairness kicks in.
  • you made Anker the judge then someone would just disagree on opinion of what is best.

There is no way you can avoid someone saying it unfair.

What Anker usually says is “congrats to the winner(s), and if you didnt win there are more opportunities in the future” so if you keep coming here eventually you will win.

5 Likes

Yes I agree with all those points for sure but I still think it’s in favour of those who know the most people. If I had several hundred friends or whatever and got them all to vote at least once a day, I’d be confident to be in with a chance of being in the top 10 at the end. But, I don’t.
I know it’s hard to say for sure where votes are coming in from, but I’d bet on majority being from people they know and not strangers.
Whatever I will continue to wish my rubbish attempt video the best! Maybe if I won I could invest in some video making lessons! Haha

3 Likes

“it is so unfair you know more people”

If you changed it then “it is so unfair even though all my friends liked it some faceless person picked their own preference”.

Given this is a social community, surely getting more members based on those who know each other will cause more diversity of discussion?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Good luck guys!!! :muscle:

1 Like

We must have faith in the masses.:sunglasses:

5 Likes

Wow. Some entries have seriously picked up the pace. Would love to have an idea on what’s making theirs get so many views and votes. I guess there becomes a point when there’s little point having faith in entries so low down - unless suddenly Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift and their fans see them and go wild with voting!

2 Likes

Once again, Anker being awesome! This is pretty neat that Anker is doing this.

2 Likes

Alright, everyone. Probably too late to get in the running, but here’s my submission:

Go to the power it up contest page and vote me up! I gotta pay for the kids’ college somehow! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You got my vote at midnight! Check my video out as well thanks! :grin:

3 Likes

So happy to see your lovely kids! I already voted for you haha!:grin:

3 Likes

Thanks!

You got my today vote :grin:

2 Likes

Can i make the video as a animation? oh and is it to late for a video?

1 Like

It’s never too late unless the contest is officially over!

1 Like