Connecting Soundbuds Sport to Two Devices

I just bought a pair of Soundbuds Sport. I chose the Anker brand because I’ve always been very happy with their batteries, chargers, and cables. Unfortunately, I found out from cruising this forum in search of an answer to why the Sport keeps shutting off after I’ve connected it to my phone that it is designed to do this. If I have the phone’s ringer off when I get a call, I won’t know that I’m getting a call even though I’m wearing the headphones. I’m used to being able to keep my headphones from other brands turned on.

But the sound quality is very good, and they’re Anker’s, so they’ll probably last for a while, and I might be willing to consider continuing to use them. But I ran into another problem. I want to connect them to both my iPhone and iPad simultaneously, as I’ve been able to do with other headsets.

Is there a way to do that?

1 Like

I hope you get a good answer, I’ll look around on other forums to try to help out. Have you tried connecting via bluetooth on both your iPhone and iPad, but keeping the bluetooth feature on so you can switch between the two?

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, Amada. Yes, I have done that. I’ve connected the headset to both devices, but I can connect the Sport to only one device at a time. Even if I’ve just turned on the headset, Once it’s connected to the iPhone, for instance, I can’t then manually connect to the iPad, and vice versa.

I don’t see why you would want them connected to two devices. If you had sounds coming from both it wouldn’t know what to put in your ears.

If you had wired earphones, you could only plug them into one.

Hi, Oggyboy. I sometimes watch Youtube or other videos on my iPad, but I still want to be able to answer phone calls. I buy bluetooth earphones instead of wired headsets for exactly that reason.

Just been having a look. Single/Advanced Multipoint. Can’t say I’ve ever seen that as a feature on any earphones off the top of my head but will keep a look out. Maybe @AnkerTechnical knows if any earphones have this!

1 Like

I have the SoundBuds Sport as well, and I can confirm that you can only pair them to a single device.

If it means anything to you, be on the lookout for the new models of SoundBuds which will inevitably have Bluetooth 5.0 which will let you connect to multiple devices simultaneously.

2 Likes

You can pair to multiple devices but only be connected to one at a time. Disconnect from one them connect to other.

Can do this either by disconnect on device, then connect on other device, or if the device connected is not at hand put buds in pairing mode then connect to your other device.

Works for me. Do it daily.

1 Like

I’ll certainly be looking for the new version, Tony, and when they come out, I’ll ask @AnkerTechnical about them /before/ I buy.

Yeah, that’s what I figured, Nigel. Because of that, I’ll have to disassociated them from my iPad permanently because I need them for my phone first, and I don’t want to have to wrestle with them to answer a call. Also, because they turn off after a few minutes, the Soundbuds Sport are pretty much unusable for me. I’m going to give up on these earphones and go back to LG. They’re heavier around the neck and cost a lot (a LOT!) more, but they do what I need them to do. What’s worse is that, since I’ve had these stuck in my ear, I can’t return them.

Oh, well. Live and learn, I guess.

Usually when I get a call and the ringer is off, the music stops

@Oggyboy @nigelhealy @thetonyclay @Isaac_Schloss @amada.haro Thank you so much for the response, really appreciated! @eveningstar_nm Please note that this pair of headphones can’t pair with two devices simultaneously. With the concern of your headphones keep shutting off, make sure you fully charge the headphones first and try resetting the headphone by pressing + & - together for 2s. If you encounter any issues, feel free to contact support@anker.com with your serial number and order number. Thanks!

1 Like