Confused on 2 products - please provide input if possible

Hi! I wanted to find out if someone could please explain to me what the difference is between the Powerport III mini and the powerport ATOM PD1.

I currently have the Atom PD1 and love it! but how is that different than the new powerport III mini if they are both PD chargers that are 30w?

1 Like

Differences:

PowerPort Mini III

1. Output: 5V = 2.4A / 9V = 3A / 15V = 2A / 20V = 1.5A
  2. Size: 51 × 44 × 28 mm / 2 × 1.7 × 1.1 in
  3. Weight: 63 g (main body)
  4. Does not have GaN Technology
  5. Universal High Speed Charging with PowerIQ 3.0, Qualcomm Quick Charge, USB-C PD

Atom PD 1

1. Output: 5V = 3A/9V = 3A/15V = 2A/20V = 1.5A
  2. Size: 1.61×1.37×1.50 in (main body)
  3. 2.08 ounces / 58gms
  4. Has the GaN Technology

So depends on the size and weight, plus the GaN technology preference / High Speed Charging, either ways, both are good.

Will let community members add inputs / feedback here

4 Likes

In addition to the differences @Shenoy listed, PowerPort Mini III has folding prongs; PowerPort Atom PD 1 does not.

The main difference between the two, however, is the charging technology used.

PowerPort III Mini is equipped with PowerIQ 3.0, which will fast charge devices that support Qualcomm Quick Charge and Power Delivery.

PowerPort Atom PD 1 supports Power Delivery, which will not fast charge devices that support Qualcomm Quick Charge only.

1 Like

Are.my eyes deceiving me or did @Shenoy answer this question first, and actually showed the technical differences, along with charging tech differences, yet you marked the 2nd answer as the resolution answer …

@AnkerOfficial why did you do that?

1 Like

BC that was the more complete and better answer… … … …

Why you always trying to stir the pot?

Before you answer that it was a rhetorical question.

Does that mean I do or don’t reply‽

I can confirm that the PowerPort III mini does fast charge my Samsung S8 which supports Quick Charge and Power Delivery.