Comparison of what all the different PowerCore chargers mean?

Is there a comparison chart of what all the different PowerCore chargers mean? Like what’s the difference between PowerCore, PowerCore II, PowerCore Lite, etc. with QuickCharge or PD? Which one is better?

3 Likes

I haven’t seen one on Anker’s site but here is a comparison chart of sorts from powerbankguide.com.

1 Like

Most of it is features and abilities. There isn’t one here currently, but if you startup a thread asking for buying help most of us will be able to chime in and give you any answers/advice you could look for. The group as a whole is diverse enough to be super helpful.

1 Like

I am not sure there is like an offical chart or something, but I can answer any questions you have, like Qi for example is Anker’s tech that detects your devices ability to take a charge and pushes it to the max, therefore charger it faster. Quickcharge is the Samsung thing, so that only really matters if your phone can take “Fast Charging” or whatever samsung calls it. A Lite device is usualy the same as it’s not lite version, they just upgraded the tech inside to be able to make it lighter and smaller, PC-PC 2 is just an upgraded version. PD=Power Delivery aka USB-C OUTPUT. Anything else I can help with feel free to ask!

1 Like

QI is wireless charging you meant “IQ”

And Quick charge 1.0/2.0/3.0/4.0/4.0+ is not exclusive to Samsung they are charging standards like PD or Dash or IQ/IQ2.0 ect

The main difference with the lite series is that they have trickle charge mode that enables the Powerbank to fully charge small batteries like headphones.

It depends on what charging standard your device uses.

is it IQ? lol Anyway, the Qualcomm Quick charge feature always says that it supports Samsungs fast charging ability. I did not mean that they are only for use for Samsung, just that they work with its fast charging. And the Lite version is NOT the only ones with Trickle Charge, so I don’t see that being what makes them different from the regular versions. I have the 10000 PD and that does Trickle Charge and is NOT a Lite product. But yes agreed on the last statement, the reason Anker makes all these different types of charging is because of all the different types of charging tech in different products, so they are giving each different type a charger to match, if that makes any sense

1 Like

it is a zoo. I tried to keep up years ago and stopped trying, its simply too many, products change too often, they don’t retire old products fast enough to match new ones. Very bad product management in my opinion.

Powercore II Pro Elite Slim Speed Redux 10000 PD

They could solve it by say having the size and the speed in and out in some convention but that involve a strong grasp of product management. A will.

1 Like

“And may God have mercy on your soul” haha one of my favorite parts of this movie!

1 Like

Hey, sorry for being a dick earlier. I was in a mood.

You were correct about the lite series not being the only Anker power banks that have trickle charge.

Mine too :joy:

1 Like

This is hilarious!

1 Like

I wonder what the questions were for “I married common Street trash” and “my wife the tramp”

1 Like

Yea I was waiting for them to start on “my wife the tramp” but they never did. Time to watch the movie some time this weekend for old times sake :+1:

1 Like

I’m going to have to watch Billy Madison again this weekend, too! :joy:

1 Like

What?! Lol dude I never take anyone correcting my mistakes in a wrong way. I’ve ranted on here when I was in a mood too. Don’t worry about it. I know all you were trying to do was help. :blush::+1:t2:

1 Like

Jesus that’s the longest product name ever. I agree they need to retire old stuff so people don’t buy it and have it it work the way they want. Also Anker should put them into sections according to like which devices they work best with/were designed for. Just an idea

Flagged. Utter bollocks, the author of that link is an idiot.

“Most of the Apple devices and Android smartphone supports the Quick charge”

No. Apples does not support Quick Charge. They do not use Qualcomm chipsets.

Moderators! @ndalby @TechnicallyWell - delete!

(and the time clicks by due to lack of moderators for a level 0 member’s post to be there read…)

With a total of x3 clicks before it was flagged and hidden…and to a site with slightly questionable information (which could also be provided here by less experienced members) :anguished:

Got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning @nigelhealy ??

Maybe not a “comparison”, but I think a useful reference in deciding between chargers (PD specifically) - including some classification info/differences: https://community.anker.com/t/choosing-your-power-delivery-charger/65827

With PowerCore, you could consider W output with features like PD, QC and IQ along with # of ports and of course form factor/capacity/weight vs COST. I think starting with cost/mah is a good deciding factor if/when you find it hard to choose between similar products.

Anything out there like @professor’s chart for the wall chargers?