Now Available: PowerCore Fusion 10000 USB-C

Haven’t seen one. Just USB to C and not C to C witch would make more sense

You mean does Anker sell them? Of course!

https://amazon.com/dp/B072JYDQ7N

1 Like

I’ve looked and couldn’t find them on Amazon. How about a power strip or another version of the power cube with a USB C port? Not sure if it would be any faster

From my research, a power strip with USB-C seems to be coming very soon. I’ll post about it as soon as I know more.

3 Likes

It would be great if the upcoming power strips with USB type c had some sort of dust cover/rubber plug for the type c ports when they are not in use. All of my power strips collect a lot of dust.

@AnkerTechnical @AnkerOfficial

5 Likes

Nice. I’m assuming it’s USB-C Power Delivery?

One only Hopes :crossed_fingers:t2::grinning::crossed_fingers:t2:

Capped at 5V/3A so not really

2 Likes

Wondering if this is using the LG M50 21700 5000mAh in the Powercore Redux 10000?

2 Likes

Lovely to see some more USB C incorporated in the lovely Anker gear, great upgrade :+1:

1 Like

30W or better output over USB-C would make this a game changer. As is, this is meh.

2 Likes

With gallium nitride, that might actually be a possibility.

1 Like
  • GaNi + make the folding pins on the wider side so it protrudes from the wall less + 2 21700 cell inside (which it may have already) to make it denser, could then be a technology game changer.
1 Like

Sprinkle in a little PD and toss it in the oven.

1 Like

False. USB-C output is only 15W, doesn’t support Power Delivery.

OMG YES IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS AHHH YESSS THIS MADE MY DAYYYY!!! Keep up the great work anker usb c is the future

1 Like

Nice design. 10000mAh is the perfect travel size. I’d like to see it support USB-C PD though.

1 Like

Yeah my bad, I thought this was a PD bank. Here’s to hoping one gets released soon

3 Likes

Yeah with out the pd part usb c just means a different cable and not necessarily a better speed

1 Like

OK I’ll bite.

Vent-mode=ON

There is a different set of criteria on Wattage for portable stored energy than a wall charger.

If you are physically moving, away from a wall socket then you either have pockets / bags or you don’t.

If you don’t then you are using the stored energy in your device and its limits. A typical phone is about 3-6 hours of active use, tablets 6-9 hours, laptops 2-9 hours.

If you do have pockets / bags then you can carry something additional. So like a Powercore Slim 5000 or a Powecore+ Mini, Powercore II 6700, Powercore Redux 10000, etc., work your way up the size to your pocket / bag limits.

Now then, the critical point, if you have a pocket / bag size to store this Fusion 10000, then by definition it is with you that entire time. Therefore you can plug it into your device that entire time, or the subset when not moving so much. As such the Wattage is significantly irrelevant.

Wall chargers are different, you are either near a wall socket a short time or a long time.

Short time, you would be more wanting the highest possible Wattage, to be as high as possible, to get the most energy in that short time. That is where Quick Charge, Power Delivery, DASH, etc, come into play.

If a long time, so long as your device is not so big it takes more than a sleep cycle ( 8 hours ) then speed is not so critical.

So I argue for portable stored energy, Wattage is significantly not important. Chances are 15W is enough for stored energy. Chances are going to bed with 15W to recharge is enough.

So to me the only problem with the Fusion is it will simply fall out of worn sockets. This is why I tend to use Powerport 5 with Powercore II 6700, 10000, etc, when traveling.

The person who says to me they need a portable charger of high wattage is being obtuse, they literally spent hours with their portable charger inches from their device, deliberately did not use it, and then complained when eventually they connected the portable charge to their device it was not fast enough.

So to take the fastest wall chargers capability, which is to solve the near wall socket for a short time and want the highest Wattage, and apply that Wattage need to a portable charger which is with you the entire time, is just being obtuse. I have a 2 year old Powercore 26800, it does 4A 5V 20W in and 2.4A 5V 12W out, and that is fast enough for a portable charger, for when moving fast I probably would have a Powercore Slim 5000 or Powercore II 6700 which is 12W and 12W out. 15W is ample enough for most phones, and most smaller end of devices. My 10.8" laptop is 18W in and lasts about 7h on a 7500mAh battery so is consuming about 1000mA per hour, assuming 3.7V would be 3.7W per hour. So anyone complaining at 15W to a device needing 3.7W is obviously focused inappropriately.

Vent-mode=OFF

2 Likes