Coming Soon: eufyCam 2C | Wire-Free 1080p Security Camera with 180 Days Battery Life!

Hoping the 180 day battery means it can be replaced when it fails. The fixed battery in the Eufycam E means you throw the camera away after the 5 year battery life expires.

1 Like

There is nothing which can not be replaced.
Even if the case of the camera is glued. :hammer:

1 Like

The Eufycam E is getting hard to find. No longer on Amazon. Can only buy the 1 camera set and individual add-on cameras from the Eufylife web site. I need a 3 camera system and the Eufycam E has the best specifications for my needs. Hopefully the new 2C will be available soon for a reasonable price. The Arlo cameras are too expensive and have poor video quality compared to the Eufycam E.

2 Likes

You can buy the camera directly from Eufy

My bad, I failed to read you need the 3 camera system. Its temporary out of stock, not discontinued so you could wait for it to be back in stock or wait for the 2C to be released

1 Like

Guys, is it still worth buying the actual cam? I have a really good offer and don’t know if I shall wait for the 2C or not …

1 Like

I personally wouldn’t wait for a cam with half the battery life, depends on what you’re hoping for & what features you want

1 Like

Also a matter of taste! I like the original eufy cam 1 most, eufy cam E is already looking like any other security cam available at like everywhere, and eufy cam 2 is just ugly as hell. My 2 cents.

I recommend to buy and support eufy cam 1, even if it still got issues and missing/buged features and a horrible range for some users. But this may (hopefully) be fixed anytime. But noone can promise. At last eufy itself. We are waiting for range extenders since the cam exists!

But to make it short:

eufy cam 1 > eufy cam E and 2

2 Likes

You have to weight your options.

The 1 is better looking and plagued with bugs
The 2 is un-pretty and built on promises of improvement

The 1 has been coming down in price and might go even lower if you can find them once the 2 is released.

1 Like

I would go for Eufycam 1 the original version, or the “E” version as second best.
Unless you need a cheaper cam, no point in going for 2C model.

2 Likes

Only thing going for the V2 is that it should have the new homekit supported homebase

2 Likes

oh yeah, forgot about that… too bad the v1 and the E versions are better than the v2 but doesn’t support HomeKit. Hope there would be a retro option.

1 Like

Why would I want a cam that has 1/2 the battery life as the other?

No thanks.

1 Like

The new homebase should support AI too, based off the pictures they posted. So I dont see why it wouldnt be compatible with the older cameras

2 Likes

Thats quite easy to answer:
Because all they want is to make MONEY! :money_mouth_face:

But beside the fact that v1 is much better looking and has better technical specs than v2, as @Ice1 mentioned correctly, i would not even buy them if they would be compatible. Eufy cam 2 is ugly as hell and thiefs and other bad guys rather laugh their ass of than beeing afraid or stoping bad behaviour if they discover the cam! It’s looking like a cheap plastic toy fake security cam.

Eufy cam 1 (not E) forever :heavy_heart_exclamation:

P.S.: It is quite horrible, disgusting and shoking to talk about “retro” when it comes to a brandnew just 9 month old product! :scream: If i buy a hotdog today and eat it. And on the next day i have to go to the toilet. Do i have made a retroshit then already?! :poop:

:rofl:

4 Likes

Agreed. Still great if they can retro HomeKit

1 Like

They should rather “retro” the promised(!) eufy cam 1 range extender finally …

…but fast!

1 Like

Wow so much distaste on this thread already. Having personally not owned one of these cameras and only being vaguely familiar with all of their issues I was just going to voice my opinion on Eufy’s continued naming convention confusion… but clearly that is the least of their concerns :grimacing:

2 Likes

How come this has become unlisted?

The eufylife page also seems to be unlisted

Is there also a product page for the eufycam 2?

2 Likes

Surprised this is still unlisted considering Eufy sent out an email about the 2c today

Wonder if it will be US only like the last couple of Eufy products?

2 Likes