Combined doorbell, camera, lock, Wifi?

Hi I’ve not yet got any smartlock or smartdoorbell but I’m wondering if it’s viable, or even in the pipeline of planned products to combine all these:

• one unit
  • door lock.
  • camera
  • door bell
  • Wifi
  • works unlocking via the existing smartlock of PIN code, bluetooth+app , fingerprint, key
  • smart locking so if you close the door it auto locks and remote unlocking and remote locking
  • one-time pin codes x multiple so you can give out a one-time code like to a delivery man to open, drop package, close (and then door auto locks and the pin code is burned)

It’s then one installation event and neater. I realise it’s a technology limited ask, to get all of that into one unit, and probably why not done yet. I realise the camera wants to have the doorbell face height while the lock wants to be hip hand height and probably you do separate products, so can these be merged?

Possible? Coming sometime?

Merge

3 Likes

That makes this a complete solution :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Someone once said, everything is possible :slightly_smiling_face:

Would be a good all in one solution, though it may also be quite a size I would think for all the features and to make it robust enough to withstand damage / attack.

2 Likes

Yes I realise quite a technical challenge.

But think of how it works without merger.

• ring doorbell
  • doorbell talks to base
  • you see you want to unlock
  • sent unlock key
  • record the person through the event.

So there is an inevitability of merging of these products. May be it is two physical devices, but better designed to work together than the current products.

1 Like

Certainly doable but most likely won’t be overly aesthetically pleasing internally for a first revision model, can imagine quite a bit of hardware behind the door on the internal…however if it’s keeps you safer I would be down for one :sunglasses:

1 Like

What if not physically merged but logically merged, what if the doorbell recognised a face and sent an unlock, or… fingerprint sensor on the doorbell triggered an event (good or bad, known felon calls the cops).

These being next to each other can communicate via BT, not necessarily back to base and Wifi.

1 Like

This would be all fine and dandy but if Eufy server fails, you may be in out without anyway in.

The lock has a key too, it’s if you just trusted technology you’d be out. Server down should not equal non functional.

1 Like

Maybe I am alone but I really don’t plan on bringing keys if I were to install a smart lock. Yes, there are many ways to enter though.

1 Like

Agreed.

But if server is down you’d always have local unlock using what’s stored locally, the server down should only impact remote unlock when away from WiFi.

1 Like

Hopefully design includes that process where local information can be used to unlock.

1 Like

It would have to obviously, the only to reason I can see for servers is to puncture port forwarding through router. It has to reach out to keep an outgoing port open through which a remote incoming message can tunnel.

Apart from that, it should all be local. Nothing else would be reliable.

I’d happily input to product discussion with Eufy along with existing owners. Between us we can design better products.

2 Likes