Classic Portable Speaker doesn't work

Hi
I got an Anker Classic Portable Speaker a couple of years ago and it worked perfectly until now. It doesn’t turn on without the charger. I don’t know what to do and the warranty isn’t an option for me.

Any ideas?

Years ago?
Seems the battery is elapsed. :neutral_face:

As there is no more warranty:
If you are skilled you may open it and try to replace the battery if possible.
Let us know the model, so there might be an advice how to proceed.

5 Likes

Unfortunately unless you maintain the battery if you let it sit for an extended period of time the battery will reach a low enough voltage that it cannot be recharged.

1 Like

Unfortunately all portable devices even cell phones will loose power over time and eventually batteries have to be replaced. This unit is an older device and I believe the battery has stopped working. Contact @AnkerSupport at support@anker.com they might have some way to help figure out how to get it running again.

I have in those instances been able to charge a overdischarged battery by leaving it plugged in for an extended time to a slightly higher powered charger…so say the device calls to be charged by 1a I used a 2 a charger. The longest time I had to leave something plugged in was just under a week

Yeah that works sometimes but the battery is never the same.

@smcreativediva try @elmo41683 charger trick.

Dear @smcreativediva

This is Anker Customer Service Team.

We are so sorry to hear the issue with your Anker Portable Speaker. To help you resolve this issue,please try using a different cable and wall charger to see if any help. Ideally, the charger should be 5V/0.8A or above.

Hope it helps. Have a wonderful day!