Charging Asus Zenbook Pro with my Anker PowerCore 26800 not possible?

Hi there,

I recently bought the Anker PowerCore 26800 with the hope to charge my Asus Zenbook Pro UX501V on the go.
However, when I plug in the usb cable from the powerbank to thunderbolt / usb-c port, it doesn’t charge.

For a short moment the 4 blue lights on the powerbank come on, but after a few seconds they go out, and nothing happens anymore.

Is it simply not possible to charge my laptop with the powerbank? Or could it be that the USB cable can’t handle the juice?
I’m using my USB cable that came with my Mi MIX 2 telephone.

I think you need to press the button on the PowerCore before you connect it to your ZenBook

1 Like

Already tried that, but did not work either

Hi @p.nijenhuis,
Could you please grab the original charger that came with the phone and look at the (likely) tiny print to see what the Output of the charger is? The PowerCore outputs 5V, so I want to make sure the original charger is also 5V. Thanks!

Hi @TechnicallyWell

the original charger of my phone says, besides all the chinese signs: 5V=3A / 9V=2A / 12V = 1,5A

Is this what you’re looking for?

Yes, thank you @p.nijenhuis,
I’m sorry, I misread your original message. We would need to know the specs of the Asus Zenbook Pro UX501V’s charger. If the charger for the Asus Zenbook Pro UX501V does not show a 5V output, then it is possible that the Zenbook does not charge at 5V and thus the PowerCore 26800 would not work.

ahh, I see.
the output of the ASUS charger = 19V / 6.32A

Proprietary by Asus charging technology just happening to have a USB shaped socket.

So won’t work ever.

Perhaps I wasn’t clear, but this laptop has it’s own power jack for the original Asus charger, as it also has a thunderbolt / USB-c port.

right USB-C output. Not input for power. But go search the full specs and ask Asus support to be sure.

Your laptop cannot charge via these ports, but it has usb+ which allows charging via the usb 3.0 port and not the thunderbolt port

2 Likes

thanx all.
looks like I have to buy a new laptop :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello fellow asus user! Could you please tell me what have you went with eventually? I currently also consider buying asus zenbook pro model, but also interested in charging my next laptop from a power bank.
Thank you!

There’s 2 versions of that power bank. Make sure you have the one that has a 30W output.