Charger Comparison

We’ve only had 2 battery pack chargers: the Go Puck and a solar cheap thing from Geek. Neither work all that well although from what I’ve read the Puck should. How does an Anker battery pack differ from the Puck? Thank you and this comm. looks fun and active. That’s cool! Jmcgill

We can compare specifications / features but the question is what is not working well, is it your expectations or bad product? It could be just a matter of a bad cable. More common is bad cable than bad battery.

The photo you show points me to the specs which shows a 6600mah, 1A input, 2A output battery.

6600mah doesn’t have an exact match in the Anker range, a little below it you have two 5000mah products, the round type and a flat type. Above that is the 10000mah size. All of these have 2A and 2A output.

So its a matter of size / weight / pocket / capacity for how you intend to carry it and what recharge capacity you want. Just in your trouser pockets the 5000mah slim fits well, if a purse then slim or the round type, or handbag the 10000.

I note the Puck’s price, looks quite a bit higher than any of the Anker products I mention. I’m suspecting you have either an expectation gap, or a bad cable. If you can expand on what “doesn’t work well” then might be able to home in to a solution.

Ankers bread and butter so to speak IS portable chargers so you can bet they are far superior to anything else another company may put out who is only trying to compete with Anker and other companies whos main focus is mainly portable chargers. Ankers chargers just work. Once you do you will continue trusting Anker. I can speak from experience having owned portable chargers from others in the past they just arent made to be safe and reliable at the same time.

Nigelhealy, I liked the tech aspect you provided and will prob refer back to it at some point. You are most likely right about the cable for the Puck. I could explain why the Puck doesn’t work well, but for now it’s a moot point. Your convincing, spec analysis combined with cava3395’s general, relatable response that it’s their “bread and butter” and “it just works” is the extra proof I needed to make my purchase. Not that it was your intent to persuade or sell me the product, it just worked out that way and I appreciate the guidance.

(That right there folks is a fine example of effective social media marketing by Anker!
Note: I’m just a regular consumer, new to Anker with fascinated by advertisement and marketing strategies at the moment.)

Off to purchase the battery pack. Wish the Anker Rewards applied to products purchased via Amazon Prime as Anker is featured in today’s Gold Deals. I’ll have to see where the greater discount lies.

Thanks again Nigelhealy and Cava3395!

Jen

1 Like

If you are in USA, the Powercore 10000 is in today’s sale. It is very compact for giving you a couple of days of charge, so weekend camping, long flight etc. Not particularly pocketable (the Slim or the Mini more pocketable).

I’ll check it out. Thanks :+1: