CES 2018: What Was Announced!

I think from a location perspective, Zolo is already out of Seattle so they are moving Soundcore product line and under the Seattle team?

1 Like

I knew the price had dropped significantly, do the value is still there.

Powerhouse - I am still puzzled why a geek in 2018 needs AC. If you were wanting gadgets to work in a portable manner you’d already on USB-C smartphone, tablets, USB-PD tablets, chromebooks, laptops. Given a 2018 geek would not particularly want nor need AC… $300 for 2 26800PD is steep and likely heavier+larger.

Moving from AC for laptops removes that PSU brick and you’re only needing a cable.

Also the big gap is still solar, if you’re off-grid for long time you’d want a DC solar input which works with any DC so any solar.

1 Like

Wish I was attending again this year. Hope you guys show off a lot of your amazing products!

Learn more about the Zolo Model Zero!

https://zoloaudio.com/pages/zero

3 Likes

Wow, that thing looks great! Do we know what the price or specs are yet?

I would like to have a look at the CES but Las Vegas is a bit far from Dortmund Germany :slight_smile: Have fun and nice to report here

1 Like

Only one new powerbank? And that one is a PowerHouse… Not exactly what I was looking for :frowning:

I want usb-c pd powerbanks that I can carry with me.

2 Likes

There were other new releases on display.

6 Likes

Looks exciting. Wish I was at CES. I’ve always wanted to go. That new PowerHouse 200 looks very interesting. Thanks for the video @joshuad11

2 Likes

Awesomeness, I would really love that powerhouse 200. It’s smaller size means its more portable and hopefully will work better than the previous powerhouse.

1 Like

What problem does the Powerhouse solve a Powercore doesn’t?

1 Like

We discussed this before, I have a cpap machine that this could power up where as a powercore doesn’t have a 3 prong plug input.

1 Like

To be honest, cases like these are far from isolated. Sure, more and more devices such as laptops are starting to have PD input, but what about those that don’t yet? Laptops are long term machines. Just because it won’t be essential in the future, doesn’t mean it’s not a good product in the present.

I think we’ll see another PowerHouse for those that have no need for AC power.

Just curious, what makes something like the PowerHouse so much larger than the equivalent capacity in power banks? Is it mainly just the additional outputs and display or what?

They should make USB C dongles and hubs for the MacBook. And a USB C to lightning cable to charge your Apple products using a USB C cable for the MacBook once available. Also power bank with Alexa built in

DC-AC conversion is less efficient, makes more excess heat, needs more space to cool.

You can see all the space lost here

2 Likes

wow! :hushed:

Got to admit I like the ‘mini’ or junior version of the Powerhouse. Design looks slick :grin:

4 Likes

You guys know more news about us than I do…

I wish I were at CES.

4 Likes