Capsule II is coming!

Just received this by email:

The link goes to a simple questionnaire - not a very good one, from a marketing professional standpoint - asking about features and price. It doesn’t give away much, but it seems 720p definition will be included!

Check it out, and answer the survey while you are at it, following the link.

Anyway, @AnkerOfficial, I put myself available as a beta tester already! :grin:

P.S.: Nice use of a cliché movie tagline there. Might want to review your use of caps, though. :wink:

8 Likes

I was just about to post this, lol…but I gathered the resolution will be higher than 720, and offer up to 100" screen size

3 Likes

At last, I got something before Rob! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I imagine some technical issues in getting over 720p on something so small. But they do mention 100" screen size in the survey, and also higher brightness. I’m in no position to argue about how projectors work, but I imagine the minuscule size of the electronic, mirrors and light source will limit the resolution on pico projectors.

3 Likes

Awesome this is great news hopefully it comes with Android 7. 0 has at least 720p resolution and brighter than the original not like the Mars II that for some crazy reason Anker decided not to make as bright as the original Mars🤦‍♂️

4 Likes

I’m still waiting on a factual, real-life comparison between 500 and 300 lumens to see if all the fuss is justified.

2 Likes

Wow, capsule II.

1 Like

You and him both before me!

Might want to consider posting a link to the survey…

2 Likes

Hope they can get in a higher resolution

1 Like

Done! In the original post.

1 Like

Omg I hope it is better resolution or maybe. Cheaper in price even though it’s already reasonable

2 Likes

I’d prefer better specs over a price reduction :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I have seen pico projectors with 1080p but the max screen size was something like 80 to 100 inches. Hopefully Anker can do better and offer up that resolution and more lumens than previous Capsule

1 Like

I still haven’t received the email. I am subscribed to Nebula, though!

Thanks again for sharing!

1 Like

Check your spam folder, that’s where mine went originally

1 Like

I just did the survey. Looks promising.

1 Like

Real 1080p? I’ve seen very well disguised ways to make people believe - like automatic resampling from a 1080p source.

It’s true that, from a certain distance, there’s little perceptual difference. Like 4K is only worth it from a certain screen size and distance.

I never tested or used those pico projectors so I can’t prove if their stated 1080p is true or not. I just know some have great reviews among different sources so I would assume its true

1 Like

3 Likes

Is this going to be better than the Capsule (plus/pro)? D4111J11 (150lm)

2 Likes

I guess that’s always the expectation…