Can't seem to charge or connect new keyboard

Hi Guys, I recently purchased the ultra compact bluetooth keyboard. Im probably doing something wrong here, but presumably need to charge the keyboard at the start, but not sure its charging properly. When I plug the charger in it shows with a red light. The instructions say that it should have a solid light on, but in the videos I can find of this product the light does not look red, so guessing it is not charged and for some reason the charging is not working. Can anyone confirm what a red light means at all and if im missing something really obvious here. So sorry to ask for help. I can get the pairing light to flash by pressing the function z, but the caps lock does not come on and I can’t see the keyboard on my bluetooth list…

Hi @roger9,

It looks like you’ll want to leave the keyboard plugged in to charge until the LED turns green. As for the Bluetooth not connecting, can you please let us know what device you’re trying to pair it with?

thanks so much for the reply.

I actually managed to connect it on bluetooth - I needed to plug it in to the Mac for it to find it. So it connects OK now, but the other issue Im having is that I can’t figure out how to get the F keys to work as standard function keys. So at the moment I have to hold the function key for them to work like this, otherwise it does things like adjust the volume. Usually there is a tick box that reads “Use F1, F2 etc. keys as standard function keys on external keyboards” within the keyboard tab of the system preferences but this does not seem to appear when I have the anger keyboard connected. So sorry to trouble you - we rely quite heavily on the f keys for shortcuts…

Hi @roger9,

No trouble at all! Try changing the operating system of the keyboard to “Windows” (Fn + D) to see if that changes the function keys to be function keys.

Since the keyboard defaults to “iOS” which doesn’t have function keys, the keys are probably doing things like adjusting the brightness and volume.

thanks so much again for your kind help. Im on a mac - is it OK to have it as windows? I have tried to press those short commands, nothing comes up or anything… not sure if it should come up with a notification…