Calling is now available

I think it is very convenient but you can’t use it in Germany so… I don’t need it yet.

May need to get one of these. Great features in this device.

I like the drop in feature as well as the calling mode. I called my friend on his echo and he didn’t know it was an option and freaked out. He has since disabled calling mode on his echo. I think it’s fun. I’m going to setup my girlfriend with calling mode so I can call her from my echo to her Genie.

Does the Genie automatically update or do I need to force it to update for this new feature?

The Genie should automatically update, but you can manually check for updates in the EufyHome app. Open the app and tap the Eufy Genie on your device list, and if an update is available, it should pop up.

2 Likes

Yeah mine automatically updated. Very cool feature, move over Echo!

Is this feature live in the UK as my genie is running latest firmware and Alexa is telling me the Drop in function is not available on this device??

The calling and drop in function are two different features, you may have to use the eufyhome app and see if it’s available there

Has anyone successfully used the drop in feature between 2 Genie’s yet? I’ve got a 2nd one but when I try and use the drop in feature it says it’s only enabled on my phone.

I can’t see how to set it up on the genie’s.
It’s like it needs a phone number to contact or I have to set up the genie’s as contacts but I can’t see how that works.

I’ve created a room for each and placed the genie’s in their rooms but can’t get any further. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I only want to tell my kids to turn their tv down now and again lol

What is the latest firmware for the Genie? The app says my device has the latest version, it is 3.8.5526, but it doesn’t have the drop-in feature, I think.
It was released in April.
Why I cannot find newer firmware version?
Happy new year for everyone!

@csaba Please download the latest version of the EufyHome App. Then, On the main page of the App, tap “More” on the upper right-hand corner, then tap “Firmware Update” to update the firmware. If this doesn’t work, contact us at support@eufylife.com and we’d do what we can to resolve the problem for you. Happy New Year!

Hi @AnkerSupport so can you confirm that the Genie does support the drop in feature? My app also says both my genie’s firmware is up to date but I cannot get this feature to work or even begin to set it up.

I will follow the steps above too and see what happens. Thanks

@AnkerSupport are you able to confirm the latest version of the firmware for us though please. I have the same version as @csaba has mentioned above. There is no option to force an update. It just says it will be done automatically.

Does this only call to “any number” that is tied to an Alexa account?

It will allow you to call and message from your Alexa to your contacts and also allow contacts you add to call or text your Alexa so need to be set up right. You don’t want anyone having the ability to call you on your Alexa.

Also, allows you to intercom between your Alexa devices in the house or from your phone/tablet to your Alexa at home etc. You should also be able to play music on all devices too. This doesn’t seem to be working on mine. Multi room audio. I’ve not no options in the settings for this.

@AnkerSupport it says this in the app help menu

Plus I have turned off automatic updates in the hope I get a push notification to say there is a firmware update. But if you could confirm the latest version that would help to see where we are. Thanks

@Oggyboy eufy Gennie now supports the drop-in feature. Sorry that the information in the Help is not updated yet. I have forwarded the problem to our product team to revise it. Meanwhile, the latest version firmware is 3.8.5806. You may also unplug and then plug the device, set the Update Period from 00:00 to 23:59 and see if it helps. If you need more assistance, please contact us at support@eufylife.com. Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you @AnkerSupport
Will give this a try.

Official reply

Dear Simon,

Thanks for your email to Eufy.

We are sorry to hear that you are encountering some issues with your Eufy Genie. I notice that your timezone is in Europe/London. Currently, the drop-in and message functions are only released in the US due to Amazon’s restrictions.

We apologize again for the inconvenience that has caused to you.

Very disappointing. I know it’s not Eufy’s fault if amazon won’t release the feature to 3rd parties outside the US.
An email to Amazon won’t hurt :wink:

1 Like

Amazon Reply @AnkerSupport

Hello,

I understand that you would like to know when calling, messaging and drop in feature available on Eufy Genie devices in UK.

Please be informed that, at this time Drop in and calling, messaging features are available on Eufy Genie devices only in US. The Echo Developers have rolled out this feature in US first, as it was a success they would soon make this feature available in UK too.

This feature is yet to arrive for UK, however, we don’t have any official information when this feature will be available, as this update will be released by the Echo developers.

It is certainly a feature that we are missing right now.

I want to help you with this and I’ll certainly share your feedback with our Alexa development team. I know they’ll want to hear about your experience. Your feedback helps us improve your experience with Alexa and credits to you too for helping us make Alexa better.

Please be informed that Alexa is in developing stage, and we are improving its performance by receiving the feedback’s from our valuable customer like you.

Your feedback helps us improve your experience with Alexa. For the meantime, please extend your patience and co-operation while we work on this.

If you have additional suggestions for improvement, or you’re having an issue with your device, You can reach us by phone directly using this link:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/clicktocall-alexasupport

Thanks for using Echo.​

Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:

If no, please click here:

Warmest regards,