Cable for charging iPad Pro 12.9" 3rd gen

Hello!
I’m trying to figure out which is the best cable to charge my new iPad with.
Might as well get a charger, I want to charge it as fast as possible and with the longest cable I can get.
From what I understand, that means I need a 30W+ charger, right?
I’ve used the USB-A to Lightning braided cable for a LONG time with my iPhones and it’s been one of the best purchases ever, this thing is SOLID. Now I just need something similar for the iPad, but USB-C to USB-C (because I need PD, right?) + a charger that can push the juice.

Advice?

1 Like

Get this cable

1 Like

But that one is not the braided kind…
So wait, Powerline II. That does the trick yeah?
What’s the difference between Powerline+, Powerline II, Powerline II+ etc?

I’ll help you out.

Powerline is just the general line of anker cables.

+ means that it is braided (lack thereof means it’s not braided)

II is the second generation of cables

III is the third generation of cables (it’s new so there aren’t many yet.

You also have the USB level to look at. USB 2.0, 3.0, and 3.1- those represent data transfer speeds.

1 Like

iPad Pro Gen 3, I’m jealous! :heart_eyes:

You are correct in that you need a 30W+ USB-C PD charger to take full advantage of fast charging.

PowerPort Atom PD 1 would be the best wall charger for your iPad Pro.

In terms of cables… unfortunately, Anker has not released many braided USB-C to USB-C cables yet. There are some available, but they are older and therefore come without the lifetime warranty (18-month instead).

@ikari04warrior’s recommendation of PowerLine II USB-C to USB-C 2.0 is a great suggestion, but if you’d rather have a braided cable, PowerLine+ USB-C to USB-C 2.0 is also an option… just keep in mind the warranty is 18 months vs 1 year.

Hope this helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks everyone!!

1 Like

Great answer! You are an asset to this community :clap:

1 Like