Buying Guide: Anker Wall / Desktop Chargers!

So the PowerCore+ 20000 inputs at 12W, so any 2.4A port will provide fastest possible charge. PowerPort II 2 is best current solution Anker offers. Review coming soon!

Though this might be best for “future proofing”.

What about fusion 5000? how would that do?

Fusion 5000 would not provide fastest charge when it is plugged into the wall, as it is 2.1 vs the potential 2.4 of your power bank (assuming Anker is telling the truth with their specs). However, if it is not plugged into the wall, it would provide fastest possible charge, and perhaps faster than 2.4A charger due to Voltage Boost (Fusion 3A output when unplugged), as long as it’s the only thing you’re charging.

I hope we see a Fusion sequel shortly, as I have avoided the current Fusion.

Fusion is a compromise device, merging two normally separate functions but it gains in the merger on convenience, simplicity which helps those not gadget minded, and in minimum total size for say an overnight or two trip. I keep it in my EDC work bag (along with a LC40 torch and a knife).

Where is it weaker is it is only a 3A output when not plugged into wall, only is 2A output when plugged into wall and only 5000mAh. You can get faster chargers and larger batteries.

But often 2A is enough, 5000mAh is enough and so for a typical user with a phone its a good companion solution.

2 Likes

Same, I am waiting for a new one, as you know I love the LED wheel

1 Like

Nigel, I always intended to ask you if you like the aluminum/metal Anker power banks better or the plastic ones? Personally, I always liked the plastic ones better, but only slightly because they felt cheap. I’m falling in love with the new materials used in the PowerCore II series… just wish they would combine the rubber with it.

I love the cold aluminium casing, it seems to do better with heat and does not have odor. After owning a plastic and aluminium Power bank, I think the metal adds not only a premium feel but also aesthetics.

I don’t own both types to really know.

With me is the Mini+, 5000 Slim, 10000, 268000 4A output. I never saw any advantage of buying anything more / else. These are about 18 months old so likely dropping their capacity.

The larger ones are pretty similar to the mini+.

I see, so you are about to stock up on some more!

it’s basically the quality between a plastic dell laptop and an aluminium encased mac

Haha, maybe that’s why I like the plastic better. I’d probably prefer the classic dell over the aluminum mac!

“stroking out and crying” what ?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

I think the UK market needs a Fusion @AnkerOfficial
Don’t be put off by our plug. You can make folding plugs now which work great.

1 Like

Their desktop charger that I have is pretty good.