[buying decision] Prime Day Offer: Wireless Charger

Hi there!

I have two prime day offers here in Amazon Germany and i would like to ask you all, or people who have a clue, what the difference is about those two offers:

I guess this one is the PowerWave Fast Wireless Charger Stand: https://www.anker.com/products/variant/powerwave-fast-wireless-charger-stand/A2521011

I guess this one is the Qi-Certified PowerPort Wireless 5 Stand: https://www.anker.com/products/variant/qicertified-powerport-wireless-5-stand/A2523012

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 actually, and soon a Galaxy S10, and i have the original fast charger power plug from Samsung available for use: https://www.samsung.com/de/mobile-accessories/travel-adapter-micro-usb-ta20/

Which can deliver 1,67A at 9V or 2V at 5V

So here are my questions:

1. Whats the difference between both chargers?
  2. Which one is better/newer or fits my needs better?

Thanks! … Please answer quickly as the offer ends in about 10 hours :stuck_out_tongue:

Addition: For me both seem to be the same as reading the amazon offer and description, as both offer 10W Fast Charging for Samsung Phones. BUT if i read the anker website, it seems that the Stand is only having 5W and the PowerWave 7.5 is having 10W for Samsung Phones. Right?! Is this the reason why the PowerWave is newer/more expensive?

1 Like

Your samsung charger is not enough to properly power those two wireless chargers. Samsung uses adaptive chargers and their power output relies on the phone to tell it to ramp up power, when used to charge other devices that does not have the ability to tell it to ramp up its power output, it then reverts to the lowest power output which would trigger the light on these chargers signifying either obstruction or low power.

Either charger will charge your phone at 10w provided you use a quickcharge 2/3.0 wall plug, Not a stock phone wall plug

2 Likes

This is the second stand.

They are both capable of outputting 10W to Samsung devices. The main difference between the two is the top one is also capable of charging iPhones at 7.5W.

The top one is newer with a sleeker design as you can see from the pictures, but they are both powered by micro-USB.

Personally, I did not know that the Samsung charger wouldn’t work, but @Tank seems to think that you would have to buy a different charger capable of true Quick Charge.

1 Like

The powerwave can also send energy farther, which means you wouldn’t have to worry about your case getting in the way.

1 Like

This is the Samsung Galaxy S10 plus charger… It at least aimed at that phone.

I have it and it’s great.
I have 2 wireless stands, one is standard charge and the other is fast charge.

The one below is the best 1 for a Samsung, especially if you’re gonna get an S10. It also happens (thankfully) to be one of the cheapest options.

Wireless Charger, Anker 10W Fast Wireless Charging Stand, Qi-Certified, Compatible iPhone XR/Xs Max/XS/X, Fast-Charging Samsung Galaxy S10//S9/S9+ and More, PowerWave Stand (No AC Adapter) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DBXZZN3/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_alFlDbEAQA2J0

1 Like

@Insider Thanks … so it is only a design thing?

@Tank Are you sure?! It is not the regular wall plug which comes with the phone, it a fast charge wall plug. But don’t know if its Quickcharge 2 or 3 … but the fast charger wallk plug i have can output 9V at 1,67A … and 5V at 2A … so i guess you are wrong, because if i calculate it, my original Samsung Fast Charger EP-TA20EWEU can bring not only 10W … it can also bring 15W!

See here:

So am i wrong or you? :stuck_out_tongue:

@andrewGholden374 Oh ok … but i am using very small cases and i have seen that both dont have problems if the distance is lower than 5mm

1 Like

So you also guess that my wall plug fast charger from samsung is enough for the anker wireless charger to bring 10W to my samsung? Got it correctly?

But as @Insider said … both seem ot be same, just different design and that the new one (top of what i posted in my first post) can also charge iphones at 7.5 which is not relevent for me and never will be.

So the only decision what i have to make is … which of both i like more (design) and do i want to spend 5 more bucks for the newer and maybe nicer design one or buy the cheaper one, which you also prefer:

https://www.amazon.de/Anker-Blitzschneller-Ladeständer-Qi-Zertifiziert-Schnellladetechnologie-Schwarz/dp/B07DBXZZN3/

Should be the one you mean, right?

1 Like

As I’ve already said, the differences are in design and the ability to charge iPhones at 7.5W.

1 Like

Yeah … so there should be no reason to buy the “newer” one for me and spend more money.
The “older” one is cheaper and doing the same.

Sure, the design of the newer one is cooler and i like the position of the light more, but is this worth 5 more bucks? :thinking:

But thanks at all until now for your help and hints … i will see which one i buy, prime day still running for 3 hours here, so no hurry :wink:

Maybe @AnkerOfficial, @AnkerSupport, @AnkerTechnical, @ndalby, @TechnicallyWell wanna say soemthing in the next few hours to help me with my decision and the question if my https://www.samsung.com/de/mobile-accessories/travel-adapter-micro-usb-ta20/ will be ok for both posted chargers.

1 Like

Understand that if it works with one, it will work with the other. If it doesn’t work with one, it won’t work with the other. You can always purchase and then return via Amazon/Anker warranty if it doesn’t work…

1 Like

The one I suggested

One, will run of the Samsung brick (100% if using the one supplied with the S10) with the supplied micro-usb lead (comes with Anker Wireless)

Two, it’s about the cheapest fast wireless charger out there, plus you get ankers 18 month warranty, and quality.

1 Like

Sure … thanks … but how will i see if its working?
Sure … i can check the time how long it needs to charge my phone, but is there any other way to see if the anker charger is charging low or high speed? (other LED color maybe?)

@MacBlank Can you post me a link to amazon germany not a picture please?
I wonder why it is showing 13,29 € at your picture while i have to pay 15,19€ and its even more expensive regular as this is a prime day offer … or are those not the same? :thinking:

The link for the above one is: https://www.amazon.de/Anker-Blitzschneller-Ladest%C3%A4nder-Qi-Zertifiziert-Schnellladetechnologie-Schwarz/dp/B07DBXZZN3/

Post me your link and i can check if its the same… thanks!

Yes, if the LED is blinking, it is charging slowly. If the LED is steady, it is charging quickly.

Edit: This is how older wireless chargers did it. The easiest way is probably just to see if your device says “Fast charging wirelessly” or not.

It is the same. His is certified refurbished.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07PHXM5WB

1 Like

Pretty sure one of them requires quick charge 3.0 to fast charge at 10 watts and other is a little more flexible on power input.

Edit
@yamyam
Disregard my previous statement. Wgile that is true with other models the difference between these two is one is 5W and the other is 10W

First one 10W
Second one 5W

Get the first one

1 Like

Oh ok … overseen the refurbished info. Thanks!
So for 2 euros more i get a new one as prime deal today … not bad or? :slight_smile:

Are your sure?! … Because at amazon they also say the second one can do 10W with samsung, only 5W with apple - see:

png%20%20PNG%20Grafik%20%20800%C2%A0%C3%97%C2%A0427%20Pixel%20

Now, at the moment i was extremely close to buy the cheaper (old) model, you are confusing me :wink: :laughing:

Maybe i should buy the newer model and invest 5 euros more to be on the save side?

OK OK … DECISION IS MADE ! :crazy_face:

Thanks for all who helped and answered :revolving_hearts:

To be on the save side and because it’s design is cooler and the model is newer … i just bought:

Maybe @AnkerOfficial will tell me in the aftermath if this was a good/better decision and if my Anker PowerWave 7.5 will work perfectly with my Samsung EP-TA20EWEU .

Happy Last Hour of Prime Day and Thanks again!

1 Like

@yamyam

ANKER PowerWave Wireless Charger 10W Kabelloser Blitzschneller Ladeständer,Qi-Zertifiziert, Kompatibel mit iPhone XR/XS/X/8, Schnellladetechnologie für Samsung S9/S8 usw. (Netzteil Nicht enthalten) https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07DBXZZN3/?tag=cm-sales-de-2019-21

@TheDude only said that because you linked to a 5W model on Anker’s site… :confused:

Oh well.

1 Like

I didn’t look that deep into it. The name powerport wireless 5 confuses me, what a horrible name for a 10-watt charger… Why not call it the powerwave like every other Anker wireless charger? And why toss a 5 in the name? :roll_eyes:

Either way look at the input requirements and make sure you have the corresponding wall charger.

giphy

Problem solved.

EDIT

Nice catch. Who da man? U da Man :muscle::joy::man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

1 Like

Everything is OK guys … as i have choosen the more expensive and newer Qi-Wireless-Charger, everything should be working and be just fine.

So let’s hope the LED is NOT blinking as soon as i am charging for the first time :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: