Brand new PowerPort Solar 21W - red light stopped turning on, only right side charges

Bought here off Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/Anker-PowerPort-Dual-Port-Charger-iPhone/dp/B012YUJJM8/

Yesterday, as soon as I took it out of the package and placed it in the setting evening sun, the red light turned on and I used it to charge a power bank. Was thrilled.

This morning, I have the thing out in blazing full morning sunlight and only the right port charges. The left USB port seems to be completely dead. And the red light will not come on anymore no matter what.

Anyone else experienced this? Have contacted support who will hopefully send a replacement.

Cost about $90 total with taxes and all, and I chose it over the much cheaper AUKEY 20W because I felt like the Anker one would have better build quality. Pretty disappointed that it came defective out of the box :frowning:

1 Like

I’m sorry that you’re having issues with it. Just email Anker and they will definitely figure it out for you or send you a replacement. Email them at support@anker.com . They are usually pretty quick to reply to emails. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Rest assured that the Anker support team will be right there with you. Things happen to all companies, and Anker has clearly superior build quality to Aukey. Not to mention that Anker will actually stand behind their products, something Aukey has been hit or miss with in the past (if even caring at all). Anker’s support actually cares, that’s something you don’t really find nowadays.

2 Likes

Hi @sometimescasey,

We are terribly sorry about the unique problems you’ve been experiencing with our products. Our customer representative will help you solve the issue as soon as possible. Please don’t forget to check your email box these days.:innocent:

1 Like

I have had literally the same problem. Bought it online, worked once or twice out of the box, now red light wont turn on again. Is there anything that can be done? I am going on a 10 day hike in the amazon forest and I absolutely need this working. WHAT DO I DO?

I have the Anker PowerPort Solar A2421 (21W), and have the exact same problem. I used it only 4 times, and on the fifth time, the light no longer comes on and the ports no longer output any power, though the entire set of panels is facing mid day direct sunlight. I take very good care of my gear, and the panel is pretty much in brand new condition. I purchased this unit instead of others because I thought Anker would have the better build quality. I emailed Anker about it, we’ll see.

After emailing Anker, they said that it was no longer under warranty and there was nothing they would do. I only use the solar panel when camping, and had it in storage for over 2 years. I used it 4 times and took excellent care of it. If it doesn’t work, it’s due to poor build quality. Disappointing, as I thought I had found a reliable quality brand in Anker. Apparently not the case.