Bose to shutdown all US stores (119 worldwide)

Who delivers your food? There is no food delivery service (except for online) near me. Online stuff is crazy expensive due to freezer/refrigerator trucks.

1 Like

Nearly all the major supermarkets do online ordering and delivery in the UK.
It’s awesome. Hop on the website, it shows all your favourite/regular stuff to make ordering regular stuff quick and easy. It’s clearer to spot deals too.

Never owned any Bose items, so can’t speak on their quality

I live in the US and to the best of my knowledge no one here does that without huge (and I mean huge) extra costs. Plus I like to pick out my own fresh fruits and veggies, along with my fresh meat. Having someone else do it, they will pick one up at random- which isn’t ideal.

That’s a shame.
The cost to us is £60 per year for 2 or 3 deliveries per week.
We save that in fuel costs alone!
We had the same reservations about fresh produce and use by dates but most of the time it’s ok.
Because you can reject items (Even if you’ve just changed your mind) I think the store would rather you get good produce and keep it rather than rejecting as returned stuff normally goes to waste.

Plus also if they haven’t got the specific item you wanted they substitute for a higher value item but you pay the cheaper price.

I’m not even necessarily worried about it being rotten or something, as much as I’m just really picky about my food (I like having the perfect fresh spices for cooking lol). I also need my steaks to be marbled perfectly :joy:.

That’s a really good price. I would probably do that if I could get that deal.

1 Like

Oh yeah, picking the perfect steak is important.
I might mess it up when cooking, but that’s not the point :rofl:

Let it sit out of the fridge for at least 30 minutes before cooking. Cook it on a really high temperature, and shoot for medium to medium-rare. Add butter when it’s almost done. Let it rest for at least 5 minutes after it comes off the heat. Possible add a garlic butter after you take it off the heat.

2 Likes

Just remember your food is chewed up and mixed with spit when you’re tasting it.

Yeah but I still like to taste good.

Cheers for the tips @TechMan :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I love these threads!
It’s gone from @kumar.sachin posting about Bose closing retail stores, @Chiquinho posting pictures of a cat, a discussion about online food shopping and cooking lessons from @TechMan.
Im loving my time here :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah I was thinking the same. I thought I came to the wrong thread. :rofl:

2 Likes

Me too.
This shows that we are " THE FAMILY"
We can about what we want!
Always some news here from all over the world.
Much better than in any online magazines!
All private! :rofl:

2 Likes

Our food is “delivered” by my wife.
She likes shopping.
NOT ME!

We got some special shops here nearby.
Much better than ALDI LIDL etc.
Turkish one (lamb chops!!!)
Russian one (smoked fish and Kraut)
Portuguese one (wine), ham (presunto) and chourizo)

Because we have" International cuisine" here at home we need meanwhile.

3 Likes

This is “our thread”.
There is NEVER a “wrong thread” :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I mainly shop at local markets and stuff. Some stuff can only be purchased at stores like aldi, lidl, Publix etc. so I do have to go to those stores sometimes.

1 Like

I mainly buy the food for the family in shops as I don’t drive and I bike, each shop has different offers and I do a small food shop most days as that fits into the bike bag. I also have a memory for details (geek) which means I know the price of everything everywhere so I can get the best deals. There is no fuel cost on a bike.

Technology, doesnt really need a Bricks+Mortar store, online reviews are so good they do the equivalent of touching and looking, to make a buy decision

Here in UK this online killing shops is very real, it is causing empty highstreets, combined with greedy landlords wanting high rents makes a shop an expensive thing that we, if we shop in them, end up paying.

I own some Bose QC35, I watched reviews and ordered online direct from Bose, they developed a fault, they emailed me a return label. No need for shops.

1 Like

not surprised at all with the rise of minimum wage and the high rent of retail space it’s bound to happen. Sad to see them closing but it is what it is now.

Regarding the quality of foodstuff:
It is really bad here in Germany’s supermarkets.
All here want to buy cheap and so they get what they are willing to pay for.
But beside that LIDL’s and ALDI’s there are many tiny private shops showing up here in München.
I mentioned it.
Best buy there and so friendly crew.

It does not matter what kind of clothes you are wearing.
BUT what you eat is in your body and not on it.
This is what I told my kids always!
And they have learned that, really,
One of my best education actions! :wink:

1 Like