Bonus Review: Anker Bolder LC40 As a Golf Cart Headlight

Hi All,

I just returned from a trip to an island where all transport was either by bike or golf cart (yes, it was as awesome as it sounds). Anyway, I was in a rental house that came with two golf carts. The problem was, one of the golf carts did not have functioning headlights. :unamused:

Well I had to use it anyway one night for a beach trip. So I strapped two off-brand headlamps to the front of the cart (I only have these because @AnkerOfficial has not yet taken me up on my suggestion to make me a decent headlamp :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) Here is what it looked like with the headlamps attached to the top front of the cart:

But the output wasnā€™t that great:

The bolder LC40 was much better for this purpose:

Also, the bolder did a great job seeing down the road when backing out into the street:

The difference driving down the road was noticeable:

With headlamps:

With bolder LC40:

At the beach, the Bolder was awesome (when we werenā€™t looking at the stars):

Especially finding our way back to the beach access:

I did find a good use for the headlamps, though, in their red mode:

Safety first!

With that, we were on our way home!

Altogether, I canā€™t really say how glad I was that I carry this product with me everywhere. Get yours here:

Thanks for reading!

9 Likes

Interesting concept. I much prefer 10000 lumen floodlights in the front of my golf carts, but I guess that works :joy:

Nice. Now you have to wire them up so you can push a single toggle to turn them on and off. :slight_smile:

Hey, not my golf cart not my problem - i was at a rental house. I was just lucky i remembered the flashlight on my trip.

Thatā€™s our @gAnkster always thinking on his feet :laughing: Good job!

1 Like

Thatā€™s a nice practical review. Great pictures definitely @gAnkster style. I just donā€™t want to know what you were doing in the middle of the night in the beach :smirk: Have you seen JAWS :shark:

2 Likes

Hey, we wanted to see the stars! :star_struck:

1 Like

Nice practical use of the flash lights @gAnkster :+1:

Iā€™ve tried a couple times to win, but no luck yet!

They look good lights, I donā€™t use torches on a regular basis, but the odd time I do, I want a decent one.

1 Like

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.
Great job @gAnkster

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had similar thoughts about figuring out a way to mount a couple or 3 to my tractor so I can do work at night. In the winter months it gets dark to fast to get any work done on the property after work.

2 Likes

Many moons ago, I used a torch on my push bike as the bike lights at the time were shit.

Iā€™d use the bike light on the forks for partial light in front of the wheel, but a torch on the hamdbar to light ahead. The read light was just as bad, but as you donā€™t ā€œreverseā€ anoush bike, I didnā€™t care! lol

Back then the best torches were maglite torchesā€¦ Rubbish by todayā€™s standard if led bulbs, and well donā€™t even go there comparing with a COB torch!

2 Likes

If you own your tractor Iā€™m sure there is more efficient ways to do it permanently. But if you are looking for a fast solution or temporary this will definitely could work, maybe even 3d print something to mounted.

1 Like

There are more efficient ways but they do cost a lot more money then two or there Anker lights and some clamps/mounts I have in the barn not being used.

The tractor doesnā€™t have mounting points and I would have to wire up a light bar. Creating mounting points and wiring up the light bars (front and back) would take time. I plan on doing this at some point but for a temporary solution a couple of the Anker Torches along with a couple of magnetic mounts and clamps will hold them in place.

Plus it gives me excuse to buy a couple of torches from Anker :wink:

1 Like

There is always a way with AnkeršŸ˜‚ Thatā€™s a great idea you had I think.

Why not bicycle lights, they come with mounts?

Ja, I got some of those, easy to mount and dismount with the added rubber straps.