Bluetooth transmitter / receiver

i have an anker bluetooth transmitter and receiver and i bought a wireless headphone. i also have a sony mp3 player that does not have bluetooth. can i use this anker transmitter to give the mp3 player bluetooth capabilities so that i can get the music wirelessly through my headset?

Yes, completed similar myself when I was testing the SoundSync A3341 with a CD walkman & x2 BT speakers. You should be able to pair your headphones with the Anker SoundSync (which model do you have?) in transmit mode, then connect the SoundSync via the aux cable to your mp3 player’s headphone port…

3 Likes

After you connect the headphones to the TX/Rx make sure the transmitter/receiver is switch is set to “TX” and adjust the volume.

Like @ndalby said we would be able to provide better info on setting everything up if you supplied us with model numbers.

Volume can be a little tricky depending on whether or not your headphones have volume adjustment buttons.

If you get everything MP3 player->Aux cable->TX/RX""""BT headphones connected and you still can hear any music check the volume setting on everything.

Welcome to the community

1 Like

the model # of the sony walkman is Sony NWZE385 16 GB Walkman MP3 Video Player and the model # for the Anker
is the Anker 2-in-1 3.5mm Bluetooth Audio Transmitter Receiver/Bluetooth Car Kit, Wireless Audio Adapter for Headphones, TV, Computer/PC, MP3 / MP4 Player, iPod, iPhone, iPad, Tablets and More
Model Number:99ANRECV-02BA
Bluetooth Standard:Bluetooth v2.0

1 Like

and the headphones i have is the Active Noise Cancelling Headphones Bluetooth Wireless Over Ear, Foldable Deep Bass Hi-Fi Stereo, Srhythm Unique Rubber Finish for Running Travel Work TV PC DJ Phone Gift Airplane Adaptor (Black)

1 Like

From the model numbers you provided my previous instructions above will work.

With newer Anker tx/Rx you have to hold down the button until the light starts blinking to pair with your headphones.

The only other issue I could see you running into is volume it will take some tinkering on your part to get the volume on the MP3 player and your headphones (assuming they have volume control buttons) just right.

Merry Christmas

1 Like

thanks for all your help.
I can’t seem to pair the headphones with the anker tx/rx.
when i put the headphone in pairing mode and i try to connect to the anker in tx mode it just doesn’t work. The blue light on the anker after it goes into pairing mode no longer shows… i wonder if i am doing this correctly?

1 Like

The transmitter also needs to be put into pairing mode.

i put the transmitter into pairing mode as well but after a coupke seconds the anker shuts off automatically. I have tried it a couple of times so i dpn’t know if i am doing something wrong or that this anker is malfunctioning?

Email support@anker.com they will be able to better assist you.

thanks. Will email anker.