Bitcoin

2 Likes

From various things I’ve read about it, a headache but a profitable one at that :smile:

Give me the good ole cash or card any day so I know at least where my hard earned cash is :laughing:

2 Likes

I agree! Otherwise, it’s just Monopoly money :P.

1 Like

I think spreading your money around in different forms and types like precious metal, artwork, bitcoin, regular currency, housing, and in different currency types is a risk reducer and also if you need the money you can pick which one to convert based on its current unusually higher value.

If you put a lot into one thing, if it crashes just before you need the money (equivalent) you’re forced to sell when everyone else is selling.

Diversity!

4 Likes

I’ve been looking at where to buy/hold it from and it’s an even bigger minefield. Soooooooo many options and some get bad reviews about withdrawing money when living in UK. Which is strange considering it’s meant to be a global crypto currency :thinking:

I think I may just let the idea of investing in bitcoin remain as just that. Not that I would’ve been investing a lot.

Although I would possibly still be interested in investing in one of the newer crypto currencies. Just need someone with a bit of experience in the feild to give me an idiot guide :joy:

Someone out there, reading this thread is probably already working on it. CryptoCurrency for Dummies. LOL. I still don’t understand all this :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Already there :laughing:

3 Likes

I think that even if I read that book I wouldn’t understand it lol. It’s a complete foreign language to me.

3 Likes

I am kicking myself for not buying bitcoin early as well. Want some so bad!! My brother took the dive recently

1 Like

I need those. LOL!!!:laughing::laughing::smiley:

1 Like

Brother would love these.

I agree. Have a investment portfolio :raised_hands::clap::thumbsup:

1 Like

I regret that I didn’t buy bitcoin in 2012…

Look it up

2 Likes

Crikey! Its headed back north of 10k?

I admit I don’t follow it much anymore w/ some of the exchanges having made the news for the wrong reasons.

Must have an iron gut to ride the peaks and valleys…

TS1

I did not partake in bitcoin. I did think I recently heard of another currency splitting from the bitcoin if I remember that right.

@Tank I feel your pain on the hard drive. I had pictures, I was wanting to get them but I could not get the hard drive to fully boot due to corructed files . So I got a device from a friend that sort of made it into an external drive (but it was just the wires and ribben to where I could attach a laptop or PC hard drive into it.

Everything dies. Including drives.

And Cloud. It will die sometime. Every current tech company will die. At some point, when Amazon is bankrupt and all the images gone, then someone will complain.

Backup in a diversified shared-nothing architecture. On a PC you can do RAID controller, some OS can mirror too, scheduled network copies, 2nd drive, 2nd media, etc. Backup to cloud, two clouds, three clouds!

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Spam Links / Accounts - ongoing

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Spam Links / Accounts - ongoing