Beta testing for different companies and random thoughts

I beta test for several companies. Nest, netgear, couple of smart lock startups and hopefully Roav…
I enjoy getting tech first and running it through tests and trying to “break it” by doing random stuff. While testing a recent product (can’t mention due to NDA) the company sends very rudely “toned” emails to get you to do things. I’m almost positive it is a Translation issue since the engineers running beta are almost all not primary English speaking people, but it comes across as extremely rude. Anyone else experience this sort of issue with beta testing

1 Like

@bill_rae I would hope it IS in fact, the translation. But it’s cool that you can beta test all those products. Can’t be fun getting bossed around though :stuck_out_tongue:

I would agree the tone definitely gets lost in translation. I’ve often received very nice emails from various companies, but one or two sentences will come across terse. I just remember that their attempt at my language is going to be way better than my attempt at their language! :smile:

Sometimes that happens to me but not too often. Usually it is the " I am so sorry to bother you as I know you are very busy" which in itself could be translation problem as that is way to nice for someone asking to send me something for free.