Best way to charge an Anker product?

Any 2.1-2.4 amp wall adapter.

I use a 2A wall adapter for non Quick Charge batteries, and for my PowerCore+ 10050, I use my Quick Charge 2.0 brick, which charges it in a few hours.

Same here, the support page for my 26800mAh says it should only take about 8 hours to fully charge, I believe. I use the Samsung 2.1 amp charger and get about that time, so there’s no way yours should be taking 2 days.

I got one of those recently. It’s a great piece of kit. I now that most of my cables really are now rubbish.

The lower the amperage the longer it will take.
Nowadays you can have 3.1A output but everything depends on what ampage the device will draw.
You can have a 3.1A charger output but the device only draws 2A each device and chargers are different. Use a genuine Anker charger and Genuine Anker cable to get the best results. Cheap imitations fail, don’t provide the correct and at worst CAUSE FIRE. Regardless, use only genuine chargers and cables

Try to get a higher volt power adapter that is safe. Check to make sure that the quality of all the items that you are using are high to make sure that it is charging to the best it can be.

Seriously, get into knowing Amps.

Energy (what your battery stores) is related to voltage multiplied by Amps. Look at the Amps output of your mains charger.

Does it say 0.3A, 0.5A, 1A, 1.5A, 2A, 2.4A…

Your battery will have a maximum input. Go look at it and see. It might 1A input or 1.5A input or 2A input.

You need to make the output of your mains charger match or exceed the input of your battery. e.g. if your battery has a max 2A input you need a max 2A output charge.

These are written in small print on everything.

For example the Powercore+ mini is a 1A input so most mains charges will do that, but say the Powercore 20100 is a 2A input. So allowing for power inefficiencies I’d expect 20100*3/2/2000 = 20100mah *3/2 ineffiiency / 2000ma = 15 hours to recharge.

Then add a little bit for the fact once you get above 85% charge it begins to charge slower.

You say it takes 2 days to recharge? I’d say look at your charger.

Hi, this is AnkerDirect.

The Anker PowerCore External Battery 20100mAh is one of our highest capacity batteries so it needs a pretty powerful wall charger to ensure it’ll charge properly.

When using a 5V/2A adapter, it needs 10-11hour. When using 5V/1A adapter, it needs 20-21 hours. Please ensure that the wall charger you’re using is capable of providing at least 5V/2A.

Hope this helps.

4 Likes

If you have a decent fone (S7/s8/most of Sony’s too phones/top huwie (spelling) ) then they come with fast charge chargers n usb-c leads.

Even if the Powerbank uses a micro-usb, using a charger that came with your phone (on basis it’s a fast charger) would do the charge in the said 8hrs.

Obvs if using an older “spare charger” I’d stop using it.

Sorry @AnkerOfficial but if you go on Amazon, there are plenty of cheap fast charge chargers (make sure they have the safety features) that’ll also do the job.

Also, don’t forget to use a good cable. It might seem wired, but the cable can provide resistance to the electricity, making your device take longer to charge. (The Powerline Micro-USB is amazing for this kind of stuff).

Good luck,

PaperAirplaneGuru

as tu utilisé le bon cable ?

I used a Xperia Z3 charger and it worked just fine. Under 10 hrs to full. Anker 10.000 mA PowerCore. When full the LEDs are off.

Test Tetris is a test comment

Just plug it in is the best way to charge it… Important is always use the recommended anker cables and chargers… Cheap and poor quality accessories would ruin the products you are charging…

1 Like

I agree. Way too long.

Everyone is recommending a better charger. I use the Anker Quick Charge 3.0 60W 6-Port USB Wall Charger. I have the PowerCore II 20100 and PowerCore+ 26800. Both charge in just a couple of hours (8-9) so definetly take a look at your charger.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charge-Charger-PowerPort-PowerIQ/dp/B017JT6846/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1541925302&sr=1-13&keywords=anker+5+port+usb+charger

@Ruth_Griffendorf

Did you get this sorted?

You posted in march but not replied with any results.

Well , I make a very (very !) rough calculation:

20 amps loaded in 48 hours. To make it more easy: in 40 hours. 20 divided by 40 gives 0,5
So let me guess: your loader provides max. 500 mA - which is 0,5 A

So: use a more powerful loader. Lets say: 1 A loader:

Then the (very rough calculation) is 20 Amps/hour (which is the same as 20.000 mAmps/hour) divided by 1 amp is 20 hours , you see: you have cut the time by half. But please note: this calculation is very rough , but gives you the direction in which you have to go.

1 Like

An addendum to my very rough calculation: you have to add some time, because on most chargers the amps go down while the battery becomes full - as mentioned here before …

i just use a first party nintendo switch adapter