Best Quick Charger battery pack for S8 / S8 plus?

Done a lot of Googling on what model people advise as best Anker Battery pack ( technology/ not capacity) to fast charge the S8 but all remains vague / unclear.
So, what can be better to ask this question on Anker’s site itself consulting the experts ?

Hey there,

Samsung S8 has Power Delivery so I would suggest PowerCore+ 26800 PD as the way to go

If this model is on the expensive side for you, I would suggest PowerCore+ 20100 USB-C

:slight_smile:

As I understand it (though I am an iPhone user), the S8 uses Adaptive fast Charge (so equivalent of QC 2.0). You have a couple of options for PowerCore’s but it would depend on your size and recharge number requirements.

The many articles I read is about users confirming / denying QC 2.0 from Anker to work / not work on the S8’s. Aside, this is already another technology from the one posted above, which confuses me more :thinking:
I’ve sent a mail to Anker themselves as they should know which of their models is the best fit technology.
About the mAh, not important at this time as I first need to know which fast charge model really work :wink:

Yeah I noticed the vast amount of articles, some touting QC3 capabilities others QC4 because of the hardware specs. General impression I got was that theoretically it can do QC3(4) but Samsung seem to have decided for the time being to throttle it back to QC2 using there AFC technology. You should be fine with any of their PowerCores (PC) that support QC3 as they will be backward compatible, then it will just be decision of size/weight or charge cycles you need from the PC.

Either way Anker support will certainly get you on your way to choosing the best one for your needs :slight_smile: but feel free to continue to ask other community members should you still be stuck with your decision…

Thanks. Unfortunatly, the Vietnamese importer online carries older Anker model. No PD models sold/ yet

I’m glad this question was asked. I’m looking at upgrading to the S8 in the very near future…

Nothing is true without a stopwatch and a meter.

Something be something is just words. A QC3 portable charger, say in a smaller portable charger, is physically incapable of that much output wattage of 18W. Even if it could when fully charged, the voltage off the cells inside the Powercore is dropping as it discharges so if say 1/3rd full I become skeptical it can output 18W still for its 2nd or 3rd output to recharge.

Fair point but Joe public has to go off what other purchasers say and the manufacturers (when they are up front about specs / capabilities without the smoke and mirrors routines of well yes it can but…)

Personally need of QC devices has never been an issue for me, I either keep an eye on the charge level and top up when half discharged (if I know it’s gonna be a long day) or I just plug it in when dead, be patient and charge to a level that I know will get me through the rest of the day.

Most of my devices (phone/iPad) can charge to a suitable battery level within 60-90 minutes anyhow on my PowerCore 10000

Ditto.

I avoid the situation where I need the Q of QC. Saves money and weight.

I finally bought the Powercore speed 20000 and can likely confirm that likely QC 3 is working if the below can state this in terms of charging speed?

S8+ Base at 25% capacity shows via QC USB output fast charge notification for 1 hour 17 minutes to reach 100%.
On the IQ USB output : no fast charge notification but still only 1 hour and 38 minutes needed to reach 100%.
I think those are remarkable timings. Great battery.

The only miss i have is no rubber sleeve like xiaomi provides for their batpacks but the carry pouch is also ok.

Hi you are posting in similar threads so we’re somewhat repeating ourselves.

You just proved a point about the context is everything. All charging technologies converge to being slower as the phone gets nearer to fully charged. If you had benchmarked say 0%-50% you’d likely see a much bigger difference between QC and non-QC ports.

non-QC is about 10W. QC is usually about 18W but a phone drastically reduces its Wattage from about 85%. So you probably spent about half your time at the same Wattage from probably 70% charged.

Go try: 0%-50%. You’d probably find QC about twice the speed of non-QC.
Go try: 70%-100%. You’d probably find them identical.

This is an example from another phone. From 50% charge to 100% charge took 108 mins, vs 0% to 50% charge 42 mins. Observe the Wattage drops dramatically from around 80% charge.

1 Like

Thanks. I learned something. Bottom line, I feel it’s much faster then a Xiaomi pack I used till now :+1:

I would recommend

Anker PowerCore+ 20100 USB-C, Ultra-High Capacity Premium Portable Charger, 20100mAh
or
Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD with 27W PD Portable Charger Bundle for Nintendo Switch & USB Type-C Laptops

As they both have a type c Port that serve as both input and output. Also since they have tech support they can be used on a wider variety of devices. They do not have Quick Charge 3.0 but seem to charge my phone faster anyway. Definitely check them out.

The absolute fastest way to charge S8/S8+ is using Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 (although the firmware only utilizes QC2.0 specs at the time of this post), followed very closely by using USB-C Power Delivery.

Period.