Best Anker Gym Headphones?

I recently started adding the gym to my daily schedule, and I now understand the struggle of having a cable in your way. I thought I would pay it forward to add Bluetooth earbuds to my list of motivational gym equipment, along with a water bottle, gym clothes, and a phone arm strap of course. Pricing isn’t an issue for me, just looking for the best Bluetooth earbuds. If there is a comparison between all the different Anker Bluetooth earbuds too please provide that to help solidify my decision. Thanks once again!

Depending on the type of exercise or training you are doing it’s probably better to go for the Soundbuds Curve.
These are built for the gym etc and if heard a lot of people say they are great. They come in a few colours too :thumbsup:

2 Likes

I will say it depends on your choice of music. If you like bass heavy music the Soundbuds Surge are great and have really good bass response. They are also ipx rated so they can handle the sweat

1 Like

Not had any issues with the Curve or NB10’s myself for gym use, running or HIIT workouts. Done reviews for both here;

NB10
SoundBuds Curve

There’s also several other good overviews from members on here for both models :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Another vote for the SoundBuds Curve!

1 Like

Soundbuds Curve seems to be the most secure one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

+1 for the NB10’s.

I bought a pair last year, they lasted all of 20 minutes… Until the wife tried them! second pair ordered from Amazon straight away.

Both pairs now get used several times a week - both going strong.

The wife did a 10K race on the weekend, at the start I actually saw a load people with the NB10’s… at least 1/2 dozen I noticed!

1 Like

I’ve got both the slims and the slims+ they are both ipx rated. Both have a great sound but not a lot base.

I forgot to mention, there are ton of reviews on the forums. Do a search for the headsets you are thinking about getting and read our our reviews. There are some good real life and technical reviews on the forums.

3 Likes

I have a pair of SoundBuds Curve, and have really enjoyed them for just getting around campus. Since I reviewed them, I’ve started to work out again, and I have to say that they have been great for running. I don’t know what you’ve got in your workout routine, so I can’t speak to every activity, but they are certainly good for running (and skiing)!

1 Like

+1 for the SoundBuds Curve, awesome headphones and great for sport!

I’ve used many different types of headphones and earbuds over the years, and honestly, the best type of headset/ earphones to use for exercise are bluetooth headsets that use bone conduction technology. I have come to this conclusion because the pair of Aftershocks earphones that I have are the best earphones that I’ve ever used for working out/ on the go. The sound drivers sit not on your ear, but just in front of it and direct sound into your lower ear through your skull.

By sitting in front of your ear, this allows you to keep your situational awareness of sounds around you. When using with your phone, these things ROCK. They give you stereo sound that is crisp and clear. Even in noisy environments my aftershocks deliver clear sound to my ears and clear sound to the other person. When I would use the handset in my environment, even on speaker phone, I always got “what?, can’t hear you, you’re cutting out”… All of that has been taken down to zero.

Music: As an audiophile I like my aftershocks for the office as well as out and about listening to my music. The high’s and lows are good, but not great. These are NOT over the ear headphones with big powerful drivers, but I will say that virtually all music sounds good, though I wish It were a little louder sometimes, but these earphones are also great on privacy. The principle with these is to allow you to hear what’s going through the headset while being almost silent to a person sitting next to you. Again, for exercising you want something with good sound that will stay on your head. Because these wrap around the back of your head to fit over your ears, these actually stay on your head better than ear buds or over the ear headphones. They don’t shift while jogging or running either.

For an active lifestyle and excercise I would recomend a bone conducting headset. If you want to ‘draw the shades’ to the outside world, then a set of earbuds or over the ear headphones would be worth more your while. I myself have a good set of over the ear headphones that I use at home and office when I want to hear better, louder sound as well as when I can tune out the world to concentrate on what I need to do.

hope this helps.

you are right, its very important to have earbuds in the earbuds while doing gym. i have jabra elite ones at the time but i used multiple anker earbuds in the past., i did alot of research before buying them. i would suggest you to go for Anker Soundcore Spirit X Wireless.they have longer battery life and one features i liked most was their water proofing. you wont get problem with sweat while using them. i would suggest you to read these two guides before buying one, you will understand technical features of earbuds here. Guide 1 and Guide 2 . these two guides helped me alot. let me know if you need more information about them, thanks have a great day.

I vote spirit x Bluetooth 5.0 ear hooks and waterproof/sweat proof ipx rating make these headphones perfect for the gym in my humble opinion.

1 Like

Went through the same search recently. The number one thing I found that you need to consider is that we are about to go through a massive shift of older Bluetooth 4.x chipsets to new Bluetooth 5 chipsets. There is a huge improvement in signal strength and clarity in Bluetooth 5. Here’s an overall guide and list of options.

Basically, there is a chipset from Qualcomm that is already out but rarely used, and then a bunch of junky imitator chipsets. Find the products with the Qualcomm badge and go from there. Anker may have some units coming up here, if so I would wait for those before diving in on anything above $100.