Best anker BT headphones?

hey guys,
I want to pick up a pair of bluetooth headphones, and want to get a pair from Anker.

I was looking at these right now, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N6DC2ZE/ref=s9_acsd_al_bw_c_x_1_w

but do you have any other suggestions? I’m open to other brands as well if needed, but I’ve grown to trust anker’s quality to price balance

I pretty much just want something some bluetooth earbuds, and the best possible sound I can get at this pricepoint.
those slim ones look like a great design thats not going to stick out too far from my ears and prevent me from looking crazy haha.

lemme know your suggestions!

3 Likes

I would suggest these i have them and i have had no problems great sound great battery life
great for being at the gym with

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-SoundBuds-Headphones-Lightweight-Cancelling/dp/B06VVL4WJZ/ref=sr_1_8?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1506153217&sr=1-8&keywords=anker+bluetooth

1 Like

There are so many choices I doubt any of us own all to know which is best.

I do have the Slim you mentioned and I like them. They stick in the ear.

5 Likes

I have the Sport and occasionally there is interference. Great Bluetooth range

1 Like

I have the anker Bluetooth soundbuds curve and its very good. You can go for that one.

1 Like

I have the slims and I like them. The sound is not too bad for the price point.

1 Like

@andynimmo84 @nigelhealy @Isaac_Schloss @Duru_Vitus @namroc22 dope, thanks for the suggestions!

2 Likes

No problem, i hope you find the right pair of earbuds. I have a pair of bose earbuds too but I needed something with no wires when I’m working out and so far the slims have not disappointed.

yeah thats what I actually wanted. If bose somehow made a pair of Bluetooth Noise Cancelling earbuds, I’d buy them instantly.

I think the anker slims will be great for right now though!

1 Like

It would be cool if Anker made some over the ear BT headphones.

2 Likes

I own the Bose QC35, and the Anker Slim. The in-ear tight fitting of the Slim is so good for shorter flights I just bring the Slim for compactness of luggage, the battery lasts long enough for Uber / airport / 2hr flight / airport / Uber. I use the Bose for longer flights, because I find Bose noise cancellation so good it seems to stop the day-after dull headache on a >3 hour flight.

I also own the Anker buds Life, they seem to do much less job of noise isolation than the Slim, despite trying all 3 bud sizes, but they have much better battery life so they tend to be used around the house a lot / almost exclusively.

So tomorrow I’m working from home for about 6 hours then its Uber / 3 hours airport - flying / Uber so I’m using the Life at home and leaving home with the fully charged Slim. I’m pretty much needing audio for 8 hours total til in hotel.

Top tip: Buy one of those Powercore+ Mini to recharge your buds, together it is a very compact package so that drop-off / security / boarding 30 mins or so, I recharge my Slims then, and the seatrest upright but electronics away / landing uptil I order Uber, I recharge the Slim then also. The other option is own 2 slim and when one flat swap and connect to the Mini+.

The reason I mention Uber a lot and buds is that “where are you” finding each other thing with no wires in the way, one hand holding cellphone other hand opening car door. I stand there with one right bud in right ear to keep the mic near my mouth and the other bud tucked under t-shirt. It’s a system which works.

During the flight I am currently watching downloaded Mr Robot, I’m up to series 2 episode 5.

3 Likes

that was a great response, I’m definitely sold on the Slims. I have a huge anker powerbank I take with me in my backpack if I’m going anywhere so that’ll cover me for power for my phone and the headphones.

Thanks again guys :pray:

With the reputation that Anker has, over the ear would definitely be nice. Especially in cooler weather.

1 Like

The bigger Powercore have a higher cutoff current for their ports and will stop recharging the smaller buds earlier. Hence my hint for smaller audio devices to recharge off smaller batteries. It is not a major issue if you can keep pressing the power button on the larger Powecore to wake up its electronics. Every Powercore is a little different so it is only a matter of not assuming and testing.

Anyways, there is little of Anker to not recommend, it is more tuning for your situation.

ohh I understand, I’ll test them out with the bigger bank and see if the cutoff is too high; if it is, I just have an excuse to pick up another power bank :joy:

I have both Surge and Life, they are both really good and i use surge for sport and life when i am at the computer desk.

I have the Slim, Life, and Curve.

Curve is my favorite. Better sound quality than the Slims, more compact than the Lifes (as @nigelhealy mentioned he uses the Life’s mostly at home) , and 12 hours of battery life! Can’t go wrong. Also, here’s my review.

1 Like

Currently use three Anker BT headphones;

• the slim for work as battery often stretches to 6hrs with a 30 min top up getting me through the rest of the day (if it’s a long one) and the fit is secure (the around the neck magnetic hold also comes in handy :wink:)
  • NB10 Sport for gym use, holds very well in intense exercise with good audio quality and bass, again up to 6 hrs at full volume
  • SoundBuds Life for home use on iPod / iPhone or laptop/iMac. Better audio than the Slims, more than meets my music listening needs and the battery is not so shabby at 23hrs at 75-100% volume.

Have used three other brands that were in the same price bracket (or less) than the Slims but always noticed lag or BT drop out issues.

1 Like

I recently reviewed the SoundBuds Surge and found them to be excellent - certainly not what I was expecting them to be. Good balance of sound right across the frequency range and the Bluetooth signal is very impressive, I managed to walk half way across our massive office with no loss of signal or quality :+1:

Review is here on YT https://youtu.be/NVMxvVmnXVs and full written review on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/review/RWGMX00HGYET6/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

Hope this helps :facepunch:

3 Likes