Behind the Scenes at CES 2019!

I never had issue with video and audio being out of sync when using the nebula Mars II and my Two Flares for sound

1 Like

OK so I know Anker is not dumb so the fact I cannot see a point in this makes me think I’m missing something, I’m not understanding.

You can get Google Assistant on your phone, you’d not leave home in a car without a phone. So you got Google Assistant with you in your car already. If your car has BT (newer cars do) then the phone is tied to speakers and mic of the car. Your phone will be likely connected (cradle, wired, wireless) to the 12V DC socket most of the time anyway. Phones are now so big you’d not sit with the phone in your pocket.

So what exactly can you do with this Roav you can’t already do just equally as well?

Also, what prevents every “ok Google” device in the vehicle responding? Imagine you got a passenger and two Google Assistance operating phones, you’d get three devices responding?

I am obviously missing something here so please don’t be worried I can be insulted by simple explanations.

I’m not wanting to be critical, I’m wanting to learn. Love tech.

That’s my thought as well with a lot of that. One thing that I did see as being a reason is for people who do not have an android phone as well as if you do not have your phone set to unlock with “hey google”. I have a galaxy s9+ and I do not have it set to unlock my device if I say okay google (my work does not allow for the feature to be on). Another thing that ties in with that is for people who have their home integrated with smart devices. I have a touch key front door, integrated lights, a lenovo smart hub and numerous other things that are using Google assistant. When I am near home, I unlock my phone, say “Hey Google, I’m home” so that my door unlocks, let’s others know “Robot Overlord” is home, turns on my speakers to spotify throughout the house, and adjusts the thermostat. I can definitely see a market for the Bolt. Not just for situations such as myself, but for people who do not have phones at all as well. My father refuses to have a phone outside of the landline at my parents home and a pay as you go in case he breaks down, so it is something her could use for sure.

1 Like

With Apple devices, “ok Google” should be fine and operational at home or car ( with Roav bolt). Issues, if at all, may happen with the newer Android phones, likes of S8/S9 or Pixel.

Can this Roav Bolt function without the Internet?

I do the same on my smartwatch as a backup phone, which also has Google Assistant.

Good question with the needing internet or not. @AnkerOfficial, will the Bolt be required to be tethered to a device?

@AnkerOfficial Pretty Impressive! Great Work! My guess is a new smart system. #BTS #CES2019

I peeked I like the Icon

Bolt is required to connect with your phone via Bluetooth and using the internet to function.

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you very much for the clarification. I figured it was like the Viva, just wanted to make sure. Hope you all are enjoying CES!

It is surprising there were no usb-c audio headphone products at CES ( forgive my ignorance, might have missed) everything seems to be focused on Bluetooth wireless. Would have loved to see some of these and never worry about charging the BT headphones / headsets.

I mentioned it in the past but there is an inherent problem with USB-C headphones. Some are passive and others are active with a built in DAC controller. And there in lies the problem that not all headphones will work with all phones. Some phones have a built in DAC for the USB c port and others don’t so its a hit or miss if the headphones will work or not

1 Like

Thank you @elmo41683, believe option would be to have all usb-c headset to include DAC, not sure if this will drive the price up

Ehh easy solution is to keep them all passive

1)keep the headphone jack on the headphones
2)replace the micro port with type c
3)only use the type c port to charge (no audio/no charging from the headphones)
4)use type-c dongle to headphone mini jack when you don’t want to use Bluetooth.

1 Like

Hope @AnkerOfficial is listening, and we may see the USB-C headsets soon, now that Apple iPhones 2019 might come with USB-c instead of lightning ports ( rumours for now though )

1 Like

@AnkerOfficial Hope this will mean some good news :slight_smile:
Fingers crossed for winning :thumbsup:

1 Like

Not sure if they are rumors or just a lot of people wishing for it (definitely not the same thing, unfortunately).

Only time will tell, as it is, there is not much innovation happening from Apple, USB-C might add to some “kind” of new thing they can do right now, to win back users

I’d say 2 things need to happen: bring back fingerprint sensor (on-screen) and add USB-C. They did a great job adding it to the iPad, I hope they continue.

Also, another good hint is Apple opening Lightning to USB-C cables to third-party manufacturers. Could this imply that they are allowing others to sell them because they will get rid of it soon?

I don’t know how I missed this post… I’m really disappointed now. I’ve already seen the other post now so I can’t guess :joy:

1 Like