Beast from east

Learn something new every day!

1 Like

Part of the prob is in UK - 4x4 cars are often heavily taxed and in some places like London come with the stigma of being called “Chelsea Tractors”.

2 Likes

That looks beautiful!

I never needed to drive in UK for 15 years. The country is tiny, you can walk across most counties and the trains go most places, add a bike for the bits around the train stations and you’re sorted. Only really needed car when moving with babies. Usually the trains are the least affected but this recent bad UK weather impacted all forms of transportation.

I hike camp in winter so I have skills and equipment with good clothing to handle anything. Which reminds me I need to buy some gaiters as lost mine in a Hotel. They good to prevent snow getting into boots.

1 Like

A small little snow cloud from this one must have got lost or delayed :laughing: outside today @7am with only an hour of snowfall…

4 Likes

Nice and sunny here!

Lucky you :smile: Got halfway to work and had to leave the car due to bad roads…hoping for a bit of melting later in the day so I can get back to it…

So far we have 8 inches of snow and it’s still snowing, not suppose to stop until 4pm this afternoon…so abut 11 more hours of snow.
My wife just called out of work and I’m gonna have to do the same soon because they haven’t even plowed the town I live in yet. Hopefully it’s clear enough for me to go to work tonight, hate to miss both jobs

And having said that I can hear them plowing outside, now if only one of them would plow my driveway so I can get out. That would be great

1 Like

@ndalby Took me near enough an hour and a half to get from Drighlington to Armley…chaos on the roads over here this morning. Managed to nurse my car to work though bypassing a few rear wheel drive cars…

Please remember

Fir a better experience when driving a car in the snow, to USE SECOND GEAR

You’ll pull off without wheel spinning and by using second, you won’t lose control as much either.

Oh, FYI
I’m sat outside in the sunshine, at the coffee shop, enjoying a FOUR shot americano.

That’s great for automatics, tough on the clutch for manual cars. I know my car which is a manual, hates when I try to take off in second gear even if I feather the clutch…mostly cause it’s cold outside and she tends to wanna try and slip. And no my clutch isn’t bad as I replaced it 2 years ago or so and still looking new (I have a clutch access window so I can check)

1 Like

No that’s what sons are for. Spade will make a man of him.

Problems problems.

Here it was 73F and I got so warm I had to stop and take off my jacket. I was trying to have a work call and the birds were singing. :rage:

1 Like

Bit harsh there Nigel… Not all car drivers are idiots. Just like not all cyclists and walkers are self-righteous.

1 Like

I spoke too soon, and its heavy rain at moment, just in time for lunch…

Yep the roads were bad over wide parts of Yorkshire, no gritting etc. They mentioned a light dusting but got a bit more. Luckily it’s now most melted on the roads…just got back from a nice walk to collect my abandoned car :smile:

Another tip from the land of snow is to use neutral when trying to stop on ice. It will disengage your driveline allowing all 4 wheels to apply equal stopping force :wink:

1 Like

Yes, it is a lil harder, but no reason to burn the clutch, diesels do with no probs (did third once by accident!). If ya can master it tho.

Autos, yes, even better to select second rather than. Drive.

Still snowing here, it was suppose to stop 2 hours ago

Uploading…

3 Likes