Battle of the Earbuds [Article]

Another type of earbud that I just don’t like. I don’t care for the whole earing looking style. looks weird seeing people walk around with those on. I heard even the AirPods sound about as good as the wired ones you get for free.

This is one of the reasons I love my Apple AirPods as well. I need to be able to hear my surroundings both at the office and when I’m out walking.

I haven’t used the Liberty Air but I imagine they’re great for situations where you need to drown out your surroundings (like on an airplane or a train).

1 Like

I told ya you can always wear the right liberty air in your left ear, you just have to turn it up instead of down

That is absolutely correct. I can imagine that in plane or train, Airpods will not be the best choice if you just want to drown out the outside noise. liberty air definitely has advantage in those situations.

Now THESE I would use!

Agree in all except sound quality. I think passive noise cancelling is the strongest point here versus the Airpods, Liber Air sound quality are far better, especially the bass. Everything else I agree with you. I have owned both.

That would be too awkward for me. Knowing me, I’d probably accidentally knock it off and lose it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol, spazy spaz

Samsung have their own earbuds, but what’s more important… It’s USBC charging.

Although only 13 hrs from buds n case, with USBC charging, it doesn’t take long to recharge the base/case.

1 Like

You got yours already? I’m getting mine tomorrow :+1:

Mine are on the way… I was just reading the manual, when I saw it’s USBC charging.

@Tank that was a great tip you provided a few months back.
I have 2 Liberty air’s, one is with me all the time but the other one, I have unpaired both earbuds from each other and use them independently (one at a time) with my mac while watching tv so that I don’t miss talking to my wifey.
I feel that it fits better when left bud is inserted upside down in right ear.

1 Like

Now that I have liberty air I can give my opinion :grin:.

I like the fact that liberty air has great noise isolation, and is full in ear design. Whereas, the Apple AirPods sit on your ears.

I also like that liberty is water resistant, whereas AirPods have no water resistance at all.

I like that the AirPods do not have the master slave setup. so you can use one at a time.

If anker could find a way to not use the master/slave setup, they would have the perfect earbud!

How is the experience over phone calls? Does it pair immediately & can you use one earphone only at a time?

I have owned every Anker true wireless offering except for the liberty air. And I’ve owned several competitors like the bragi dash and icon x. Despite all of that, AirPods are my daily drivers.

The seamless swapping between all my apple devices is such a winning feature and in my uses/needs, overcomes a plethora of shortcoming with AirPods.

AirPods sound worse than any of the ones Anker sells pretty much, they have no water resistance, they are ugly as hell, and they are stupidly overpriced… but I can’t replace them. Lol.

I have a number if different earbuds from Anker, some other companies and I also own the airpods now. I will be doing a video on them hopefully this coming weekend and will give my thoughts and opinions on them.

But as it stands now, it’s a tossup for me. There are features I like and don’t about each, but if none of that matters and it comes down to sound quality then you may be surprised or not at my answer.

1 Like

For me, I’d want…

…Comfy n lightweight, with no angles.or hooks.
…Active passive listening (amplified sound around you when not listening to music/on a call).
… decent battery, at least 6 hrs per charge (at least 2 extra charges from the case)
… good bass
… good vocals on a call
… under 100 and all the above! Each 30 above that is a minus point for me in value score.

Hey man would you link your YouTube account again?

It’s in this thread

Thanks man :+1: