While camping in the boonies I needed to charge my cell phone but also needed to use it at the same time (poor time management) to take photos, etc. While doing so I experienced phone temperatures like never before and it even caused my phone to power down twice. I may be able to contribute some of the problem to my phone being 4 years old and maybe the battery is getting weak but I have not experienced the same issues while plugged into a standard 2.4 amp wall outlet with same phone battery remaining level in both situations.
I have tried to replicate it with the wall charger this past week and it doesn't get over 100F
I have no idea what temp it hit but it was quite warm in my hands, probably around +120F or +50C
My phone only charges at approx 900 mAh and tests with the battery pack showed similar charge rates.
FYI, this is not an Anker battery pack but a 10000 mAh pack with similar specs.
Has anyone had this type of issue while charging with an external battery or is this normal?