Bad Warranty on Anker Speaker

Hi everybody.

I bought an Anker Soundcore Boost bluetooth speaker from Ankers site at Ali Express.

Got it in May and it broke already last week.

Left speaker is dead. No sound at all from left side.

Anker support team gave me 50% money back (Paypal only) on the speaker.

I must have played the speaker 2 hours tops before it broke, so for me it was 2 expensive hours to say at least.

This is just a warning that you don´t take the 18 months warranty all to serious before buying friends!

Best regards
MB

Hi @Marcus_Boman , this has been mentioned a few times on here. The main issue regarding warranties is not that @AnkerOfficial will not honor the warranty but they have to abide by AliExpress policies of full or partial refunds, I’ve had 2 (maybe 3 warranty replacements) without hassle when after purchase via Anker’s official store on Amazon UK;

I would try contacting them again so they can try to resolve your issue to your satisfaction…

3 Likes

Ok, thanks for info!

I got the 50% and was told by Anker to take the Soundcore for repair.

Well it´s now tested that the Speaker-element is broken (ohm-tested) and that there is no replacement to get for it here…

I´ve asked Anker support for a new speaker element so lets see how that goes!

1 Like

Hello @Marcus_Boman
I do not know the refund policy in case of purchases from external or non-Anker locations, but I can talk about my experience that we have purchased from the official Anker website, in days, we received a replacement from the device claimed for damages , without inconveniences

1 Like

Hi Daiross!

This is the place I ordered from

https://anker.aliexpress.com/

Looks very Official Anker Store to me.

Best regards
Marcus

@Marcus_Boman Neil is right, in regards to warranty through Aliexpress. All vendors have to adhere to their warranty policies regardless if they have their own or not. If they do not adhere to the sites warranty they risk losing the ability to sell on that specific platform.

1 Like

Hi elmo, yes Neil is right about Alis partial refund policy. (nothing about 50% tough, could be 1% or 99%)

As I said Anker support told me to get it repaired for the 50% refund money, but that doesn´t help when the spare part (speaker element) can´t be bought here.

Well, hope to get it sent to me, as I have requested from the support!

what type of music were you playing out of it to break it?

hope you have better luck with the request

That’s a shutter mate, but themselves the breaks when you use places that sell other manufacturer’s goods.

In this country (the UK) we do have sellers n buyers laws, it’s called the consumer act (most laws here are called acts, as in an act of parliament… Google it)

Under the law, the STORE/RETAILER is responsible for upholding the manufacturer’s guarantee/warranty. So if I go to Walmart, and buy an Anker product, Wal-Mart MUST uphold ankers warranty. However, lots of companies are realising their warranties are generous, and are reducing, while others give you 3 years.

All mobile/cell phones in Europe are guaranteed for 2 years, due to European law, which I know is a lot better than most of the world… Best of all it pisses off Apple :blush:

I think you will most likely be offered the remainder of the refund, I doubt they would ship parts for self repair…

1 Like

Rock music man. The unit sounded really good until the left speaker cut off in and out and then stopped working totally.

Guess it was a faulty speaker element from the beginning because I never pushed the volume to loud.

Hi again.

It did not work out too good for the Anker customer (Me) this time I´m sorry to say.

Well if anyone is interested you can read the whole conversation with Anker Support Team bellow.

Re: [#48033371]: Left speaker dead?
Inkorgen

anker support team
21 juni 2018 05:37
till mig

Dear Marcus Boman,

Thank you for contacting AnkerDirect Customer Support.

I’m sorry to hear that the head set can’t work well.
_1.Could you please full charge it and try again. _
2.Could you please pair the head set with another device and confirm if it work well?
3.Could you please try to play other music or use other APP and check if still there is noise?

If the problem is persist,can you kindly take a video to show us the problem? Our technical will check it, thanks!

Reference Ticket#48033371 if contacting a CSR
Alina Zhang
AnkerDirect Customer Support

Marcus Boman
Bilagor
21 juni 2018 09:27
till support

Hi.

The Anker Boost Model A3145 is a bluetooth speaker. it has FCC ID: 2AB7K -A3145

I have tried playing with bluetooth from different phones and with also direct with stereo cable. Tried playing Spotify, Youtube and CD from stereo.

No sound from left speaker anymore anyway, see Video.

I will also send picture of my order information from Ali Express.

Best Regards

2 bilagor

anker support team
21 juni 2018 14:12
till mig

Dear Marcus Boman,

Thank you for email .

I would present our sincerely apologize for all your unpleasant experience. Although we work hard to ensure high-quality standards through multiple quality checks, we regrettably still come across some problem occasionally.
Since we do not have a service center in your country, On this occasion, we will glad to provide you a 50% the product price discount on your next purchase or a 50% partial refund, you are appreciate if you can repair it in a local shop.
If you prefer partial refund,please give us your PayPal account info for this (we are unable to refund into a bank account–sorry for any inconvenience!).
We’re so sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you!
Hope you understand.

Marcus Boman
21 juni 2018 15:30
till support

Hi.

Please then give me the refund to paypal. My account is

anker support team
22 juni 2018 05:08
till mig

Dear Marcus Boman,

Thank you for your reply.
_We have refund your payment($ 68.99×50%) to your paypal accont, _
The refund usually takes around 3 to 15 days back to your paypal accont, please kindly wait.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused to you this time.

Alina Zhang

Marcus Boman
25 juni 2018 15:07
till support

Hi.

I have had the Soundcore Boost for repair as you told me to do and it is the left speaker that is broken. This was tested by switching the left and right speaker on the circuit board + ohm-testing.

The speaker model is not available here. Can you please send the speaker to me, so the Soundcore can be repaired?

I send a picture of the speaker here.
anker speaker.jpg

Best regards

anker support team
26 juni 2018 05:52
till mig

Dear Marcus Boman,

Thank you for your email.

So sorry we don’t have any product part(the speaker you need )in our store.

You know we only sell the complete product ,So sorry we don’t have any product part(the speaker you need )in our store. sorry.

Please understand.

Alina Zhang

Marcus Boman
26 juni 2018 08:05
till support

Hi and thank you for the Email.

I am sorry to hear you don´t have any spare parts. I did as you suggested about getting the unit for repair but it can´t be fixed without the part…

I think the 50% refund now is a bad deal for me because the Anker Boost can´t be fixed and I am left with nothing to play music with…

Best regards

anker support team
26 juni 2018 09:13
till mig

Dear Marcus Boman,

I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused to you this time.

How about our other speakers, the product below is for your reference.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Anker-SoundCore-Portable-Wireless-Bluetooth-Speaker-with-Dual-Driver-24-Hour-Playtime-66-Foot-Bluetooth-Range/1710553_32828466095.html?spm=2114.12010610.8148356.5.6d8a1642Z9v6Xo

BTW, I’m glad to tell you our World Cup Sale (from 21th June to 29 June) already starts now! Possibly the cheapest price this year. So, Adding products you want to the shopping cart, Making the payment During the event to grab this super deal-up to 62% off. Waiting for your coming!

Alina Zhang