Attention Roav VIVA Users with iPhones

I’ll take the Dash Cam C1…

wait!!! I didn’t win :relaxed:

I was able to use this for the first day before i updated my iPhone and realized the disconnect problem. First-the install experience was phenomenal -it’s no easy thing to connect this to my phone, my car bluetooth, my amazon account and then just work - but it did! I was bummed to now find i can’t connect but the live chat support in my car immediately identified and communicated the problem. It’s amazing how quality experience and great customer support wins the day even if the thing is unusable until the next update! Looking forward to connecting again.

3 Likes

Does the firmware update (3.1.7) have the fix for IoS 11.2.5? if so, how can i updated since i can’t connect?

You can see the update news in the thread!

You can see the update news in the thread and ask Roav Live Chat service for the solution.:grin:

Hi @Matthew_Ventrice,

The solution has been updated in the thread, please check it out.

Yeah, sorry for the inconvenience. We update the new solution in the thread.

1 Like

Thanks so much! You guys rock! I can’t wait to get mine in the mail and start using it!!! :grin:

what do we do if it is not possible to use someone elses phone? Any other workaround?

Well that works, so I just update everything using my phone and then it should work with my wifes. Thanks for a quick patch.

1 Like

Kudos, Anker, for the quick turnaround!

1 Like

the update worked brilliantly! i’m back up and running:) Used my ipad to do the upgrade (thankfully you’re app runs there:)) so didn’t have to find a backup phone. Really impressive experience -congrats!

1 Like

I’m about to purchase I’ve. I’m on iOS 11.3 and do not have access to an Android phone. Has this issue been resolved?

1 Like

did anyone answer this?

Hi @dahauss,

Sorry for the late reply, you can read this post to update your iOS system, if you still have problems, please feel free to contact Roav customer support via Live Chat in the Roav VIVA app or on the Roav website [Mon-Fri 9am-5pm (PT)].

Continuing the discussion from Attention Roav VIVA Users with iPhones:

so it seems like iPhone and bluetooth looks like they connect but then the Roav just doesn’t show up in the apps list of devices. so no way to connect and use it… has this been solved or is this the same issue it has always been?

Can’t seem to find the link where I can get a dashcam to replace Viva that doesn’t work with my phone. looked everywhere . Still can’t find that post. richwash…yahoo.com

Hi. So what do I have to do to get the dashCam to replace my Viva? By the way. Good job on getting ahead of the game.
richwash64

It’s an option for the VIVA giveaway winners. Did you try to contact our customer support via support@goroav.com with your issue?