Attention Roav VIVA Users with iPhones

Thanks again to everyone who ordered Roav VIVA! Unfortunately, an issue with iOS 11.2.5 has been brought to our attention.

We have learned that iOS 11.2.5 has Bluetooth connectivity issues with some devices, including Roav VIVA. We are working with Apple to resolve the issue and recommend you DO NOT upgrade your smartphone or tablet to iOS 11.2.5, if you haven’t already done so, until we give you an update.

If you have already upgraded your devices to iOS 11.2.5 or have any problems, we are ready and waiting to help you. The Live Chat service is available in the Roav VIVA app.

Compatibility with Android phones is not affected.

For VIVA giveaway winners that use an iPhone, you can choose to keep VIVA until we solve the problem or we can give you a Dash Cam C1 as a replacement.

@TrenchRunner
@Monk3e
@AMZ88
@Tim_Wheeler
@Dave_Hernandez
@moracho
@Jim_Nichols
@conleydm
@TheCharneco
@adityakrishnatiwari
@richwash64
@Jason_Noling
@Kimberly_Cunningham1
@Robert_Anthony_Piter
@Shayan_Kazemian
@Ky_Sorensen
@Stellus
@harrynpham
@Luis_Matheus
@droopee

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me here with any questions or concerns. Many thanks!

News update:

For iPhone users, if your phone has upgraded to the new system, please follow the below steps to use Roav VIVA first:

• Please find an Android device(or iPhone with an earlier version of iOS)

• Connect that device to Roav VIVA

• Update the Roav VIVA’s firmware to latest 3.1.7 version (It was just released and it may take a while to complete the update, please make sure to keep the app in the foreground the entire time.)

• Your Roav should now connect with an iOS 11.2.5 device

If you have any questions, we are ready and waiting to help you. The Live Chat service is available [Mon-Fri 9am-5pm (PT)] in the Roav VIVA app.

14 Likes

Wow, that certainly is what I call customer service @AnkerOfficial :thumbsup:

17 Likes

Fair play @AnkerOfficial another shining example of your fantastic customer service and generosity :clap: :clap:

7 Likes

Good job in catching it early on before there was major backlash from buyers. Excellent customer service, good job

6 Likes

Anker first hooked me a few years ago with their awesome customer service skillz. Seeing this continues to restore my faith in humanity. :laughing:

7 Likes

Broken Bluetooth connectivity with Apple devices and other manufacturer’s devices is sadly, quite common. It seems as if this happens at nearly every iOS update…especially the major releases. The result is often fault-flinging between Apple and the other company in question.

Good to know that Anker is working with Apple to resolve the issue…no matter who is actually at fault.

3 Likes

Do we have a eta on a fix I know this just happened but I don’t want to fall out of my return window. If this can’t be fixed on iOS

2 Likes

Great offer! I hope you can fix the issues. Or Apple can change their update policy so that they not push an update ever month.

1 Like

I would like to chose the Dash Cam as a replacement. Let me know if there is anything I need to do.

2 Likes

I pre-ordered one on Amazon and have received it. So I really don’t need two of these. Thank you so much Anker for being so accommodating. So far I have used my Viva on one 100 mile trip and I am liking it a lot.

3 Likes

Reason 13,009 why Anker Customer Service is quite literally second to none.

EDIT:

Also, reason 7014 why Android > iPhone.

Thats awesome. I’m not a winner but its good to know that @AnkerOfficial is making things right for the winners.

1 Like

Thanks for being on top of this, Anker! :thumbsup:

1 Like

I have almost made the jump to apple (ugh lol). But I think I will stick with the viva. Big plus is that way my wife cant steal it since im sure she updated her apple already haha.

Even though my old iPhone 5s is fully capable of running iOS 11.2.5, I have chosen to keep it at iOS 9.3.5, at least for the time being. Everything works and I have zero issues. The grass isn’t always greener with a newer iOS version.

2 Likes

@AnkerOfficial I’ll stick with the viva, I may have updated my phone but I’m alright with waiting for an update for now

Yeah, we also want to fix this issue quickly. If you do not upgrade then keep it. If you already upgraded your iOS system, please keep in touch with Roav support team, once we solved the problem, we will inform all buyers as soon as possible.

1 Like

OK, your Dash Cam C1 replacement will coming soon.

1 Like

This is what we should do.:innocent:

1 Like