Astro E5 went thru the laundry! WHOOPS!

While doing the laundry a few weeks ago, my 2nd gen Anker E5 must’ve fell into the laundry basket. It was thrown into the washer and wasn’t found until my sister started hearing it tumbling around in the dryer. :fearful:

Opening up the dryer, she found the battery warm and toasty from the heat inside the dryer, but the indicating lights seemed to still be on…

After letting it cool down and inspecting it for any external damage, I hoped for the best and plugged my phone into it to see if it would provide power… IT STILL WORKED… omg…

a testament to Anker’s build quality. :raised_hands:

2 Likes

It might work but the capacity might have been affected. Extreme heat isn’t good for lithium cells.
Surprised they didn’t short out or something.

Yeah, so far capacity doesn’t seem to be affected, and I’ve had it for some time now.

I was scared things would’ve shorted out since it was in the washer, that water would’ve gotten inside the unit, but I haven’t seen any issues thus far. I was pretty much ready to call it dead, but alas… even if the capacity got affected, I’m glad it’s still alive.

1 Like

I think you’re suppose to plug it into an outlet to charge it, not wash and dry it. :laughing: All kidding aside, it’s great that it’s still working for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gas dryer + battery pack sounds like a disaster waiting to happen…heck even an electric dryer.

I forget which model I had, but it was one of the first that Anker released. But I washed it earlier this year and it didn’t fair as well as yours did because mine was straight up dead after that. Glad to know someone else did it too, but luckily yours still worked