Astro E5 2nd Gen doesn't work with Huawei P20 Pro

It looks like Astro E5 2nd Gen doesn’t work with Huawei P20 Pro. When you connect E5 with phone it starts to charging, but after a second or so charging stops and restarts again. And after that it just keeps restarting charging.

Probably E5’s powerIQ and Huawei’s SuperCharge just are not compatible. I just wonder if any one else has run into same problem and is there any way to get these work together? Or is the only solution just to retire a reliable old powerbank?

Hi @touhox,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention via the community.

Generally, Anker’s Power IQ battery should be able to charge the Huawei Super Charging phones but just not fast or supercharging due to the different charging features. It will charge it at a regular speed. According to the situation you have, please try another cable and another phone to charge with the Astro E5 again and see if it can charge properly.

Otherwise, please email support@anker.com for further assistance.

Thanks for your support. Have a great day!

1 Like

I have tried this with two different p20s and several different cables and same issue occurs every time. There are not any problems with iphone or samsumg galaxy phones. So there must be some compatibility issues between P20 and E5.

But I will contact support and we will see if I can get some assistance there

I have the exact same issue, I’ve tried the original cable, a brand new EL light up cable, and even my original cable for the P10.

Same thing happens, it charges for about 10-15 seconds, stops, then restarts.

Did you ever get a fix for this? I’ve barely used this battery pack, seems a waste having to buy a new one.

@moto.v3.blk Sorry to hear that. Would you mind contacting our customer service with your specific problems and order number via support@anker.com directly? It would be more efficient to help you out by this way. :relaxed: