Astro E1 5200mAh - Review

This is good to know, I’ll see about adding it to the list of things I may get.

And I too keep my powercore II in the case at all times, I think I only took it out once to show my wife and son when I first got it

1 Like

Awesome review @JohnWatson. Love all the pics and comparison. I have the Astro E1 6700mAh and I love it. I mainly use it to charge my GoPro Hero5 Black and iPhone 6s when I’m out and about. Gotta love the size and portability. I agree with some of the others, it does collect fingerprints and is a bit slippery to grip sometimes. Perhaps their next version will have the textured feel of the PowerCore II (like the 10000mAh). But overall, this is one of my favorite daily carry.

1 Like

One hell of an in depth review. Not a bad looking product if I do say so myself.

1 Like

Thanks! @Nhi I think the Astro E1 design (5200) is nicer than the Power Core I 10000.
It is true that it collects fingerprints, but at least for me, it is not a problem at all.

@pickering.drew The original review is even longer :joy:

Solid review. You really got your product photo taking skills DOWN.

pretty thorough review as well. really really nice.

1 Like

Love to read, I hope more people will see it! Much smiles all around!:smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @hunho.lee10 and @AnkerOfficial :smile:

1 Like

Excellent review. This power bank is my go-to portable charger for many of the reasons you mention. I can also attest to it’s durability, having used it heavily for a year and a half, including a several month stint as the only power bank charging my phone via the Anker 21w solar panel.

1 Like

The Astro E1 6700 and the Astro Powercore II 6700 has advantage of 2A output and 2A input, the Astro E1 5200 is 1A input 2A output. Solar panels are up to 2A output so in good weather the 5300 would be wasting solar energy when a 6700 would not.

So very similar looking and sounding and therefore confusing important difference. The 5200 is one to avoid today. Either the E1 6700 or the II 6700 (electronically they appear identical just different cosmetically) depending on price and aesthetics and availability.

1 Like

The 5200 was the only one on the market when I bought mine - In spite of the wasted energy (I’m still working on fine-tuning that anyway), I still think it’s a great product - it charged quickly off the panel and lasted long enough to charge to 100% and then some. As @JohnWatson mentioned, the form factor to capacity and price ratio is in a perfect sweet spot. It’s great starter powerbank for someone that wants to get mobile quickly and cheaply.

1 Like

Great review! I have the same one as you!

1 Like

This is a new review made now 5 days ago.

The 5200 is the same price as the 6700 and the same weight and dimensions but the 6700 has more capacity and is faster to recharge. So, now at the time of the review, it is extremely pertinent to NOT buy the 5200 unless you see a discount to warrant it (as prices vary by country).

I’m bring this to attention to those less familiar so they don’t buy the 5200. All reasons to buy the 5200 in the past should now be pointed to the 6700 as its identical (size, weight) or better (capacity, recharge).

What was valid in the past is not necessarily applicable now.

1 Like

it is very nice

1 Like

Maybe they will have the same price in your country, not in mine.

As I wrote at the beginning the review refers to the Italian sale portal so the comparison with the US (or other country) is wrong.

So if one (there are many!) has to use the power bank just to charge his cellphone during a day I don’t understand why he has to spend more money than he needed to.

EDIT: @ryandhazen hit the mark: “As @JohnWatson mentioned, the form factor to capacity and price ratio is in a perfect sweet spot”

Thanks @ryandhazen @yummydangoo @Vicent_Bach I’m glad you appreciate the review :smile:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Can’t buy the Astro E1 5200, only can buy the 6700 in UK.

5200 is old model, superceded.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.