Are You Ready for an Upgrade?

Been having the same issues here for several weeks now. It hasn’t quite reached driving me crazy, but it does make everything less convenient.

Slow refreshes (especially on mobile), and posts go up but act like they haven’t, so you are left with a post and a draft until you refresh the page at times.

3 Likes

Bad server service!
May be we, the small group here, are not important anymore!

If someone got " space and place" we could establish a “private” forum"
“The forgotten ANKER veterans” :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Great idea, I actually think I could provide a good review and test it against my other chargers (30w and 45w)

2 Likes

You get what you pay for.

This site is going to have a fairly high AWS bill, it’s been running for about 5 years and all the images are S3.

2 Likes

took me 4 attempts to post on Soundcore community, kept getting the error 503 (i think)

1 Like

Its the famous 504.
Thats a little bit boring.
May be they dont like the old “crew members” to post there! :joy:

1 Like

A 2 port UK version of this would be awesome! :pray:

This actually improves the way of life. Finally!

On a train

Sad to say no AC sockets the “thoughtful” train designer have “helped” by putting USB A ports everywhere, so my USBC cables can’t work.

Fortunately I had one Anker MicroB to C converter on me and had A to B cable so I could get by.

Still a long way off you can just carry a USB C cable and works everywhere. What is the train designer thinking? Doesn’t help laptops, etc. Walked around the carriage thinking there’s some AC sockets somewhere… No.

The reason I had a A to B cable and a B to C adapter is my headphones of choice, Soundcore Slim wired buds, are MicroB, so carrying a Powercore which have A and C ports I can charge buds and phone with one cable.

The Amazon listing claims that it supports PPS: https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Anker-Adapter-Foldable-Compact/dp/B08T5QN2TR/

I am very reluctant to plug into publicly accessible USB ports and always carry a charger instead. USB firmware attacks are too easy and widely available for me to feel comfortable with using them.

This is one of the places where a “charge only” cable, or at least an interrupting device that didn’t connect the data pins on the cables would be helpful.

1 Like

The most reliable charging port is a Powercore. This is my travel pack, in Anker waterproof pouch, Powercore 10000 PD, headphones and cables.

And for when I do get an AC port , a Nano.

2 Likes

Doesn’t mention PDO.

I’d suggest either buy from a free return method, or wait for an actual phone owner to do a review with charge time.

The Samsung charging specs mention PPS and PDO.

Super fast doesn’t mean anything to me, I’d look for reviews of charging time of the official charger and confirm this is similar / better.

Dual port 65W which becomes say 45W + 20W would then be a good travel companion to recharge laptop fastest or keep two items charged.

The issue with these larger wall chargers is they fall out, if you add longer USB cables and the cable is hanging/dragging worse. So these complement the desk chargers and the very small Nano and Powercore.

At least with your UK three prong plugs, you shouldn’t have anything falling out, right? That has always seemed to me one of the few substantial benefits of having a plug standard that is so much bigger than everyone else’s.

The same is with the EU sockets and plugs
Two prongs but the plug sticks in the socket not only the prongs.
These dont fall out,.

index

Correct 3 prong much harder to fall out. But then you don’t have folding pins, so might as well have a 2 or 3 port Nano.

On flights, even involving the USA, I’d find the most reliable connection to the under seat socket to be a UK C8 cord to a desk charger to my devices, I’d land with everything fully charged including Powercore.

Correct 3 prong much harder to fall out. But then you don’t have folding pins, so might as well have a 2 or 3 port Nano.

On flights, even involving the USA, I’d find the most reliable connection to the under seat socket to be a UK C8 cord to a desk charger to my devices, I’d land with everything fully charged including Powercore.

I used those round pin plugs for years growing up. Sometimes round plugs, but much more often the flat / stretched hexagon versions. And the outlets they plugged into did okay, but not great.

The three plug grounded plug in the US is also retained very well. But because it is optional, all of these wall warts skip it in favor of less hardware.

The UK version has the “active grip” advantage as well even when you plug one of those two prong round plugs into it. You do have to stick something into the ground opening to uncover the bottom holes, but once you are plugged in and release the ground opening it positively holds the plug in place.

I grew up the middle east - we had a very odd mix of outlets, plugs and transformers in the house to make everything work - I think I have used and wired most of the european, UK or US outlets available at some point.

Those Schuko are meanwhile the norm here in Germany.
Normally there are no others to be found.
But I know in very not restored systems there could be those without ground.